Todd Is Still Sick!

Guest DAVK

Guest DAVK

tank- 40gal. rena xp2 filter- marineland h.o.b biowheel- h20 change 50% once a week - tank running 1year

ph-8.0 amonia-.25ppm nitrite-oppm nitrate-10ppm

just finished a 2week cycle of maracyn2 for an infection now he looks to have fin rot. Looks like slimey stringy things on his body and also on some of the plastic plants. I,m almost certain that its not some kind of parasite. Been treating with melafix and pimafix for a week and little sign of improvement. He normally is a very good eater but has not been eating anything for about 3 weeks. Also I have been giving him a mild salt bath. He has been spending most of his day sitting on the bottom swimming around occasionally but flipping upside down and just floating around. It just looks to me that he is very weak and I cant get him to eat. Just did a water change but my nitrates are running higher than normal not sure why. Can anyone please give me some advice? Thanks

I'm no help here but I did just read your post and just want to write that I hope your fish gets better. : )

Ditto. My weakest subject is meds and disease treatment, but I just wanted you to know we're all here supporting you! A wonderful moderator will be along soon.

Guest DAVK

Thanks so much for your kind words. I have had this fish for over 2 years and would be very upset if I lost him, hes big and fat about 6-7 in. and has a great personality, it pains me to think that he is not feeling well.

Guest DAVK

Todd looks worse today, just lying on his side and gasping. I also noticed that he is developing some black areas on his head and wen. I have been doing daily water changes of 50% because my water perameters have been swinging wildly, is that because of the salt treatment? Ph seems to be holding normal aswell as my amonia and nitrites, but my nitrates have been running around 10ppm. I wish that I could just get him to eat something to give him some strengh, I have tried all of his favorites but he still will not eat. If someone could please give me some advice I would really appreciate it.