A New Name Is Needed For Fishy

Diagnosis and Disease and the group over there helped save Fishy's life. They also were able to identify that he was in fact a He. So.... now he needs a name. He has been called Fishy for 10 years and feels that he needs a new more manly name and he suggested Comet.

Here's his video. I'll let him explain how pretty he is looking and how He is doing much better today. He wanted to tell everyone Thank You. I'll let him explain. The video is about a minute. http://s289.photobucket.com/albums/ll202/e...=Picture014.flv

I then had the following posts on the subject:

lynda441:How about Haley? Haley's Comet

Kandoanythingnow <--Fishy's Mom: I have a suggestion for Fishy's new name....How about Sur...short for Survivor???

lynda441: So, you could "fancy up" the name Survivor by using another language....

Other options:

French: Survivant (boring... :yawn ) Sir Vivant? sounds like a brave knight! :teehee

German: ?berlebender (there's something in this I like somehow.... Uberfish? :flex: )

Italian: Superstite (sounds like superstition :idont )

Spanish: Sobrevivente (sober what? :alc )

So, now it's time for some other names that Fishy can ponder upon. He likes Sur Haley Comet, (he thinks it makes him sound Regal) but wants to keep hearing suggestions. So join with us and throw out suggestions.

This might sound a bit silly, but "Vito" is an Italian name that means "life."

It was also the first name of Don Corleone in The Godfather. :P

Ooooo... I like that one!

Guest Tankgirl

If he wasn't such a survivor, I'd call him Chinny. xD

Umm...Rovivrus?

It's backwards and sounds weird. o.o;

Iunno. x3 I do like Halley though. =]

I love them ALL. Glad I don't have to make the decision. LOL Keep 'em coming. They are wonderful and so creative. He'll be honored to wear any one of them. (Should have came here when I was trying to name my kids. ::giggle: :)

Guest nimajneb

He is a handsome fella - he's certainly got an air of the bon-viveur about him!

He reminds me of Norman Wisdom in one of his trademark flaps... has he got a banjo? Or does he clean his own windows? How about Norman - it's beauty is its simplicity(not sure if Norman Wisdom films were popular across the great Atlantic Goldfish Tank).

Congrats on getting the little man well by the way. He looks a picture of health. :Congrats:

Guest Lorelei

i don't have anything for names but LMAO that video is SO funny! it really does look like he's hurriedly pacing around and giving a monologue at you about how thankful he is to be alive!! :D:rofl2

Guest Kandoanythingnow
I love them ALL. Glad I don't have to make the decision. LOL Keep 'em coming. They are wonderful and so creative. He'll be honored to wear any one of them. (Should have came here when I was trying to name my kids. ::giggle: :)

Geee, thanks mom, I still will live with my name tho.... :rofl

A fish, mistaken for a girl all his life, needing a new name at ten years old..........hard one...

A fish, mistaken for a girl all his life, needing a new name at ten years old..........hard one...

never thought about it like this... that poor fish might need therapy.... :bounce

I forgot to mention: by the Romans Odysseus was called 'Ulysses' instead. Although I personally prefer the sound of the first once, the second one does roll off the tongue more easily :) .

-To Miki: not today, my darling ;) -

Edited by Erinaceus

Guest Isilme

Maybe Phoenix or Fenix. A Fenix is a bird that when it dies, goes up in flames. In the ash there comes a new egg and it hatches again, so the bird is reborn (you also see this in a Harry Potter movie, but it's actually a greek myth. See link: Fenix

I think this tale resembles the tale of your goldfish a bit...

Oh, get a room you two! :teehee

Oh, get a room you two! :teehee

We're working on it! :P:rolleyes::D

you silly! :blush:

Okay, so back to Fishy whatever his name is! WHEN is Fishy going to decide on his name!? Inquiring minds want to know!

I'm sorry, I've been so swamped, I haven't had a chance to speak to Fishy and KC yet. I'll try to do that soon. ::mumbling under breath, "If that child will ever call me."::

I'm sorry, I've been so swamped, I haven't had a chance to speak to Fishy and KC yet. I'll try to do that soon. ::mumbling under breath, "If that child will ever call me."::

You, girl, are seriously touched... but in that ever so good, I like strange people kind of way! lol! :hug