Finally--i Have Fry Too!

HPIM4881.jpg

Here they are, my first fry ever!!! I am soooo happy and excited to be a granny!! Finally my guppy kids had little ones and five made it.

A couple days ago I saw one of my females hanging out in the back of the tank (20 gal), looking even fatter than normal. One of the males was there with her but not chasing like usual. Just hovering like he was watching over her--or waiting for lunch I guess! :o Then I was cleaning the tank yesterday and happened to look in the bucket of water I had siphoned out--there was one tiny fry wriggling around! I was like, yeah, she did have babies!! I then remembered what some of you guys said about fry getting sucked up into the filter so I quickly tore that apart and out came four more fry--awesome. :Jig:

Here's the possible parents--mom for sure. I've had her about a month so I guess she could have already been PG but it also could've been one of these two males--

HPIM4409.jpg

I was able to get them all into a breeders net I bought a couple weeks ago in hope that this day would come. So far all 5 look good and are eating crushed flakes and brine shrimp. They must be around 4 days old give or take. :)

Thanks!! Yes it IS very awesome, especially since they are all doing well! They are eating good too, starting to go for bigger pieces already--it's really cute to watch them chow down. :wub:

I plan to keep all these fry, being my first babies you know! :) If more show up later then I'll probably start taking them to my little lfs where they give a credit of 50 cents per fish.

Thanks all!

I did see another fry in the main tank a couple days ago but he disappeared. I cleaned the tank yesterday and tried to find him but didn't so I think that one is gone. :(

Anyway the original 5 are sure cute and have grown a bit I think. :)