Betta Impales Herself On Decoration!

arabpaso

I had to move some fish around this weekend due to some not getting along and ended up putting my betta Angeleyes into this tank--

HPIM4432.jpg

Everything was fine when I went home that night. Next morning I came over to my bf's house around 8:00 AM to find her impaled on the grassy looking plant in back!!! :o

She had a stalk of it through her mouth and out her gill and was stuck about halfway down. I thought she was dead but then she struggled a bit. I quickly washed my hands so as not to contaminate the tank with something and was able to slide her up and off. At first she just floated near the top getting air for awhile. Then she hid in the log cave--

HPIM4872.jpg

Now she is out but just kinda hovering near the bottom. Normally she is really active during the day, going back and forth looking/begging for food. So, I hope she will recover--God knows how long she was stuck! Oh, and the offending plant has been removed--it's got a resin base and came with some silk plants. None of my other fish ever had a problem with it, but apparently it's not safe.

Wow Kristi, you must have about panicked! Poor little thing! I wonder how in the world she managed that?!

Hope she comes out ok though.

Yes, I did kinda panic--it looked horrible! She seems to be her old self now except I don't think she's eating as much--just letting the others push her around. She likes the sinking pellet catfish food so I'll probably put one of those in for her later.

Edited by Kristi