Hamster Poo

Guest amesters

Guest amesters

I read in one of the many fish books I borrowed from my library- that you can use hamster poo as a aquatic plant fertilizer!! OK...I do happen have a hamp on hand, his name is Pickle :)

Here he is!

2178322158_5c1bd7f38c_m.jpg

Ha! Okay...so I haven't tried it yet...but before I even think about it I'd love to hear all of your opinions or knowledge on the idea.

Also...the book said all you do is shove the turd into the gravel near the plant roots, and you have insto-hammie poo fertilizer that supposedly makes your plants a luscious green!

Thanks!

I would be concerned about introducing parasites and bacteria to the tank. It may be a good idea for a plant-only tank, but I wouldn't risk infecting the fish.

Pickle is such a cuite, and I'm sure he has no parasite or anyother problems but........ I just wouldn't like the idea of adding more poo and waste into the tank.

dont think i would be to keen on putting my roborovski girls poop in with my fish. i would give that idea a miss as i would be worried what i could be introducing to the tank.

Guest amesters
I would be concerned about introducing parasites and bacteria to the tank. It may be a good idea for a plant-only tank, but I wouldn't risk infecting the fish.

Ah, yes I forgot about the plant only tanks! Maybe that's moreso what the book was giving advice on, I just didn't read throughly. I was mainly wondering if anyone's ever tried it- although I don't think I would have actually done it anyways.

I'd also be worried about adding the nitrates, I think you'd be better off just getting some aquarium plant fertilizer (not as cheap I know).

PS....Pickle is adorable :heart

Thank you!! He's cute, chubby and waddles around just like my goldfish- yet unlike them I can pet him and give him kisses!

Pickle is such a cuite, and I'm sure he has no parasite or anyother problems but........ I just wouldn't like the idea of adding more poo and waste into the tank.

Thanks! It would be gross.... i hope he doesnt have parasites! B/c if he did I've probably got them too!! :krazy:

dont think i would be to keen on putting my roborovski girls poop in with my fish. i would give that idea a miss as i would be worried what i could be introducing to the tank.

woo! hammies rule!

So apparently no ones actually tried it! I was honestly just really bored when I posted this one and wondered if anyone else had heard of such craziness.

OK Thanks guys!