Well Wishes For Our Koko

lynda441

For all of you around the world who have heard about our Koko and her closeness to the fires, but maybe just can't imagine or connect, here is an article that has some amazing photos, maps etc., so you might be able to better imagine the whole terrifying scene. We pray for our Koko every minute of every day.

Goleta Wildfire

• Admin

Thank you hun, I try to get on when the power will allow me, Every day it goes off and on (mins or hours) and the ash is really bad. Its moved more to the west of the city and its almost to the freeway, this has got to the the scariest thing I have had to go through. Always watching news and listening for the evac.

One thing that really sucks is if the power goes out I dont have a phone cause its through the cable, My mom lives here to and I cant talk to her when the power goes so trying to make sure shes okay. Shes in a better spot than me :)

Oh and the silliest of things happened, i got bit by something I have no idea but its about 5" long and 4" across red and purple, itches like the dickens and so swollen that its hard to walk on cause its right above my ankle.

Goodness this just sucks..... Thanks for keeping me in your thoughts never been so scared :cry

Oh and the silliest of things happened, i got bit by something I have no idea but its about 5" long and 4" across red and purple, itches like the dickens and so swollen that its hard to walk on cause its right above my ankle.

Koko -- please keep an eye on this. It sounds like it could be a spider bite. If the swollen/discolored/painful area gets larger or more severe, please seek medical attention. I hope every thing it okay and that they are able to get the fire put out soon.

Sorry about all your troubles Hun. I hope you and your family will remain safe.

Now about that minor annoyance. Acupunk is probably right. It sounds like a Brown Recluse (aka Brown Widow) bite. http://www.emedicinehealth.com/spider_bite.../article_em.htm

Typically they heal up. But if you have any issues with reduced circulation in the area where you are bitten, It's best to go to the emergency room and get appropriate treatment.

My brother has been bitten twice, he is quadriplegic and has reduced circulation. Both times he had cellulitis, and one time he had a bit of tissue necrosis.

Take care of it. You don't want the "silliest of things" to become a major issue.

Love you,

Koko -- please keep an eye on this. It sounds like it could be a spider bite. If the swollen/discolored/painful area gets larger or more severe, please seek medical attention. I hope every thing it okay and that they are able to get the fire put out soon.

I agree darlin'... I don't mean to add more concerns to your situation right now, but a bite with a swollen, discolored area that big is kind of disconcerting... bites like that can be dangerous...

One thing that really sucks is if the power goes out I dont have a phone cause its through the cable,

I often think that when I use internet/cordless phones...what if the power goes?

Anyway, good to know you're ok, please keep us posted as often as you can! :heart

How is our Koko doing this afternoon? I just saw mention of the Goleta fire on the news, but the Big Sur fire is still taking priority, so they didn't say much about it. Are they making any headway? Is there any greater containment yet? Are they keeping it away from the highway?

ACK! I do not want crispy Koko!!!!! I like her better all soft and sweet!!!!

I hope by this time the fires have burned through and are headed away from you, perhaps downwind! I think I am more worried about the bite.... if it is indeed a spider bite, it can get much worse before it gets better - IF it gets better without intervention.

Please please please dear Koko..... keep an eye on that - and get HELP ASAP if it does not start to get better TODAY.

A brown recluse is nothing to mess with - and a bite is nothing to ignore, hoping it heals on it's own. Most do NOT - you lose tissue until medical intervention.

:hug

If it would help, I would blow REALLY hard to send the smoke away.

Well, I'm wondering if Koko's power is out.... hopefully, she's just taking her Sunday off and enjoying life a little... but, we do hope to hear from her as soon as possible. Here is the latest news I've found on the fire in her area. Still only 28% contained and it is getting hotter, temps at 100 degrees F, winds are picking up and little humidity and no rain. Please, everyone. What we need to have all of you pray for is rain. Lots of rain. And cooler temperatures.

Latest Goleta Fire News

On the news last night they specifically mentioned Goleta. They said the fire had held 5 miles from the town, but no mention of evacuation. I'm really worried about Koko and her fish. But the ankle bite worries me as badly. I had a friend bitten by a brown recluse on her calf who ended up having plastic surgery from the tissue necrosis. It literally left a hole in her leg. Spider bites of any kind aren't anything to fool around with, but especially those nasty buggers.

Koko, we are all praying for your safety and hope to hear from you soon.

I was just watching "The Early Show" on CBS and Dave Price, the weather guy, was reporting from Goleta. The fire is only 28% contained and they are expecting high winds which are concerning the firefighters. Not great news.

I know we all join hands in cyber hoping that Koko is safe and ok.

We're all anxiously awaiting to hear from you, Hun! I hope things are getting better. I know how scary it can be when you're so close to a fire. We were awaiting evacuations a few years back in FL. We had the fire engines down one end of the street, a helicopter scooping up water in a lake down the other side of the street. We couldn't see the neighbor's house, nor the tree in the front yard - through the smoke. Ash fell like black snow. :( It rained that night - and it was put out. I hope the same will happen there, VERY SOON!!

But like others have said - the bite sounds bad. I hope you've gotten it checked, Sweety. They shouldn't be taken lightly.

You are in all of our prayers. You know how much we all love you!!! :heart:hug

Please keep us posted when you get a chance!

Debbie

• Admin

Im doing okay guys, power just goes in and out. The bite I found out was a horse fly bite and its doing better, just purple looking.

It seems the fire is burning at the top part of the mountain now and they got the city part some what under control. :D

Oh I am so relieved that you are safe and that your bite is not serious. We all have been thinking about you a lot over the past few days. Take care.

So glad you are ok, Koko! There is a horse farm down the road from me and those darn horseflies are nasty...their bites are like a wasp sting. You must have been really distracted not to have felt it.

Please keep in touch with us when you can and stay safe! :heart