Where To Buy Canopy

I might get a 10 gallon to upgrade the platy tank....I might be able to get the cheap starter kit from wally world that comes with the hood, but If I get just the plain tank from petland for $15 then does anyone know a website that sells cheap 10 gallon hoods and ships to Canada? I dont think any of the lfs sell any except maybe petland but they have the craziest prices on auqarium products, their canopy would probably go for at least $30. I could get the whole kit with filter too from wally world for cheaper, so any ideas?

That's strange that the tank at the store doesn't have a canopy with it...every one I've ever seen does. I would look at all the pet stores on the internet and also just search on yahoo or something and see what you can come up with. Ebay might have some cheap ones too.

I got my glass top for my 40g from dr fosters & smith and it was pretty reasonable. It looks like their 10 gallon ones are under $10 but I think you'd have to contact them to find out how much it would cost to ship to Canada. Plus it doesn't have a light. I prefer the glass because then I can put my own lights on and not be limited to the standard fixture. Here's a link to their hoods.

Edited by Imber

most of them do come with them, but at petland they usually cost at least $150, unless u get just the tank which are often on sale for $15. Dr Fosters And Smiths doesnt ship to Canada, i've tried them before.

Ebay also doesnt have any..actually I havent found anything on ebay at all lately..none of the thing I searched turned up anything. Only 1 or 2 of the keywords worked but they werent even fish related :glare:

Edited by Shamu23