Away For The Weekend

thoughtsofjoy

Thomas and I are high-tailing it out of town for the holiday weekend. Boy, I am no fan of the 4th of July! It's just an excuse to get drunk and blow things up! What with all the fires lately (it's been really dry up here as well; there was a fire at an apartment complex across the street yesterday!), I don't want to be anywhere near it!

We're going backpacking in the Blue Mountain range in southeast WA/northeast OR. We will take lots of pictures and see you Sunday night/Monday morning!

Stay safe!

Isilme's going to be so jealous of you guys. She and boyfriend went hiking in Canada for 2 months (I think 2 years ago) and she's regularly mentioned she's longing to go back (or do something similar somewhere else) :) .

We're back, and unscathed by bears. I'm a bit sunburnt and a bit sore, but NO BLISTERS!!! Woohoo, I wore those boots IN this weekend!

Pics to follow after I catch up on 6 pages of unread threads... yeesh.

Hey you big sweaty pink elephant mutant!!! Where have you been!? There hasn't been enough Joy this week. And you know if you don't sign on soon you are going to have 20 pages to catch up on this time lol haha