Pratchett

Erinaceus

I've read little parts of it. I've read "The Wee Free Men", "Hat Full of Sky", and "Wintersmith". Right now I'm about halfway through "The Amazing Maurice and his Educated Rodents".

His style of writing is so quirky and humorous!

The whole Discworld series, though........ It's so BIG. :blink: A little daunting to think about reading them all.

I've read little parts of it. I've read "The Wee Free Men", "Hat Full of Sky", and "Wintersmith". Right now I'm about halfway through "The Amazing Maurice and his Educated Rodents".

The whole Discworld series, though........ It's so BIG. :blink: A little daunting to think about reading them all.

I haven't read The Amazing Maurice yet. Is it any good (though that's probably a stupid question)? :rolleyes: I'm halfway into Wintersmith at the moment. When that one's finished, I'll have to wait for the next one to be written (except Amazing Maurice): my girlfriend and I have all books of the Discworld series proper, and a large part of the other Discworld-universe books.

I do have some other literature to keep me occupied till then though (my friends gave me the Sword of Truth series by Terry Goodkind for my birthday, all 12 of them :D . I've finished the first two, and they're really good too :) ).

I am a collector. :D I have 12 of them so far, but let me tell you-- they are hard to get!! I have read 1-4 and loved them.

Fnac, one of the largest books/dvd/etc store chains in Belgium, has them all, so it's similar to going to a lfs: "okay, I still have 3 more to read, but shouldn't I buy that one as well? It might not be there next time I drop by, and the summary seems so exciting?" :P Depending on how difficult it is to get and how much they cost in the US, it might even be easier to have them shipped from Europe, I dunno... :)

As for having read the first four, he actually truly keeps getting better and better. The way he cross-links the different books is really amazing (imho). :D (yes, I'm a big fan, I admit it. I go to DAA - Discworld Addicts Anonymous - meetings :P ).

I used to play the MUD, and that got me interested in the books. I have read a couple of them, and really enjoyed them. When I see them in a bookstore I usually try to pick one up, but lately I have not had that much luck.

I love Death and Binky. <3

think lord of the rings meets monty python, thats the jist of the disc world lol, but if you start reding them be warned you will not stop, they are so re-readable.

1 of my fav's is, intresting times, Cohen kicks ###### lol

I tried to read them but I got so bored I couldn't continue, but I'm not a huge book reader. I watched a 2 parter movie thing 'The Colour of Magic' and it was horrid..

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1079959/

Everyone else seems to like them though, I just can't get into them!

I've read allmost all of the disckworld series in less then 2 years. It just are fantastic books

Wizz I completely agree:think lord of the rings meets monty python, thats the jist of the disc world lol, but if you start reding them be warned you will not stop, they are so re-readable.

I've read some off them already 5 times. I'm an addict :rofl