Happy 4th July Everyone

Blue

Happy 4th everyone!

We're just about off to our local kids bike parade from the school to the community pool. Then we'll have lots of swimming and BBQ. Yum!

Q: Does England have a 4th of July?

A: Of course, silly! What, you think they go straight from July 3rd to July 5th??

:D

Celebrate safely!

:lol am in Scotland not England but there are a lot of Americans here :D

Happy 4th of July!! Hope all the Americans have something fun planned today! We have a BBQ/pool party at our friends' house, then fireworks for tonight. :)

Fireworks in town tonight!! I just have to walk out the front door and watch!! I just got back from the grocery store and all they have left for hot dog rolls is whole wheat =bleah= :P they are all sold out of hamburger rolls! Everyone is having a picnic!

We had a blast! We went down to visit our daughter and new grandson in Louisiana this past week - and, because her hubby is in the army, we attended the 2008 Freedom Fest at Fort Polk. They had some big name country star singing and a pig roast and tons of booths set up by the wives of many of the various brigades. You could get your face painted or bounce on a rope. There were loads of jumping blowups for the kids. There were some parades of the men - and all the babies of the men that were there and the babies of the men that were not there were held up and given a big huzzah! There were a lot that have never met their fathers - so we yelled for them!

We had lemonade and pulled pork and the fireworks were great. I threw up all that I ate and took the baby home to put him to bed while my daughter and her hubby and mine hung back to attend a firelight appreciation ceremony.

It was a good Forth.

I h ope everyone else had a good one, too.

I wish my 4th had been good... Neighbors kept me up all night when I had to wake up at 5 a.m. and then when I went outside to leave for work..... someone had HIT MY CAR with a FIREWORK!!!! At first I thought that they had chipped my window MAN was I mad!!

But, I'm glad that everyone else had a good time!