Id My Goldie Please :)

Guest ogredawg19

Guest ogredawg19

I'm pretty sure she's a ryukin, but I've never seen one with fins this long (before her).

ryukin.jpg

Edited by ogredawg19

According to Wikipedia, which has its opponents, but I've always found it pretty reliable, this is the definition of a ryukin:

Ryukin

The ryukin is a short deep-bodied fancy goldfish with a characteristic hump in the shoulder region.

Description

The ryukin is a hardy and attractive variety of goldfish with a pointed head and has a pronounced hump on the back behind the head. It may be long-finned or short-finned with either a triple or quadruple tail. The dorsal fin is high while the caudal fin is often twice as long as the body. The caudal fin may also have three or four lobes.

So, there you are. I do believe you have a ryukin.

that is a gorgeous fish! i do spot a couple red streaks in that beautiful tail so keep an eye on that one!

I agree. Watch those streaks. I had a comet that I finally decided was just very sensitive. I had her for years and she never got sick, but every water change, she'd stress and get the red streaks in her tail. Next day, they'd be gone. Next water change, same thing. She just didn't like having her home and routine upset. But, whatever it is, you do need to watch it and look for other signs of sickness or, in my case, at least be able to understand what's happening and why.

Guest ogredawg19

Thanks everyone! I was so happy when I saw her.

Ok, I thought the red veins or streaks are normal because I got her like this. Although she wasn't as energetic and happy in the store (nnnn). I found out today that both of my goldfish have ich, so I went out and bought quick cure and hoping that cures everything. Should I be worried about the red veins though?

Red veins can be a sign of stress. They are something to be worried about.

Quick Cure is a VERY harsh medication for ich. I suggest you open a thread in the Disease and Diagnosis forum-- people there will help you through the treatment process to get your fish as healthy as quick as possible.