Meet Mac

misty_blue16137

Was at the local pet store to get bird seed and Prime and ended up coming home with this fella. Haven't had a Betta in a few years. They had a blue and what looked to be a chocolate as well that had beautiful fins that darn near came home as well,lol. But I really liked this guys coloring even tho' his fins weren't as long. It looks more reddish if the light shines thru'.

6-30-08007-tile.jpg

Kathy

Had to go out and get poor Mac a home today. I thought I still had a 5 gallon & light put away in the basement but must have given it away at some point. Poor guy had to go in this .

7-03-08001.jpg

Was looking for a 5 gallon w/florescent light/hood but all they had was incandescent and I don't care for those at all. So ended up getting him a Mini Bow 7 Combo.

7-03-08004.jpg

Here he is surveying his new kingdom,lol. He seems to really like it.

7-03-08003.jpg

Kathy

Edited by Kathy B

Ooh, that's lovely. I'm sure he loves it!

When we finally moved our betta into his permanent housing solution, a 10 gal, he built not one but two bubblenests! Maybe Mac will do the same for you. :D

Edited by thoughtsofjoy

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks! He loves cruising his tank. He alternates between that and lurking in the bushes spying on his neighbors. He is set up next to the Fantails. I should have called him Mabel Irene as he reminds me of my Grandma. She used to lurk behind the kitchen curtains spying on the neighbors with her binoculars,lol.

Kathy

Omg I've never seen this thread before. What a GORGEOUS betta. One of the best looking I have ever seen. I am very very jealous!!!! I've never seen colors like that before...

Thanks Sue! I had never seen one like it around here either. The blue and the chocolate had longer flowy fins but this guy just got me,lol. He's doing great. Not had any problems with him at all. Seems to be a happy,healthy little guy.

Kathy

• 3 weeks later...

Kathy,

He is gorgeous...he looks so beautiful...maybe his fins are not that flowy..But he is a sure eye catcher..I can see why you got him..He is amazingly handsome...and love is lovely home... :Congrats:

I know I am late in replying to this post..but I could not help it...

Edited by SunshineGurl