Day Trip To Farm Shop

Peanuts

I went to visit a local farm shop today, and in the main visitors area they had had a Koi pond with two of the biggest fish i've ever seen!

Picture001.jpg

Picture003.jpg

Picture005.jpg

Picture010.jpg

Wow they are gigantic. :exactly

They were hoping that someone whould (fall in), feed them :rofl

LOL, i'm sure they would have easily finished off a small child :rofl

The fish where dull, but the room that they where housed in was very very dark.

Thoughts of Joy: they where impressive, i've never seem koi that big before.

jsrtist: They where very friendly, I know the sign said do not touch but I was so tempted to stroke one.

• 2 weeks later...

Were these fish koi, or maybe were they another kind of carp?

I went to a koi show this spring, and they had fantastic goldfish, lots of koi, and one guy was showing two of his 42-inch carp (the others are a kind of carp, too, why not?) He said he had some bigger ones at home! :blink:

Wow! Impressive! Yeah, even though you're not supposed to touch the fish, I want to, but then with these big guys, seeing their giant gaping mouths when they come up to you, I'm seriously concerned they'd swallow my whole finger! :rofl

We have a local Chinese Restaurant that has a koi pond as you walk in. After you go through the double doors you cross over a bridge and there is a pond under the bridge and on both sides. The pond is rather none descript and very shallow and is grossly over stocked. However, they have numerous filters and the water seems clear and clean. But what is eye catching is the variety of koi they have in the pond. There must be thirty, forty, or more different types, as well as a few butterfly koi. They had koi of almost every color imaginable, and many different patterns. What was also impressive was that they too had a few, one in particular, VERY large koi. The largest could not swim in the shallow pond without his dorsal fin out of the water. Perhaps after I have enough posts I will send a few pictures. (Hope none of these were on the menu, just kidding.)

Guest spawn

The big one looks more of a wild carp cross to me.

I've caught ones just like that.

For me the clue is the large front fins that are more round than koi.