2 New Fish!

I was at a local farm shop today and look what followed me home!

Spike.jpg

Spike: Red telescope - He was the smallest in his tank and kept giving me the 'Don't leave me here alone' look. Plus he was soooo cute, shame on me though. He?s a little terror and keeps picking on the fish below.

newfish.jpg

Fish not named: I'm still thinking of a name for this one - she's so pretty that I want a name that matches, but all I can think of is Drusilla.

Thank you MrB, Chickey, thoughtsofjoy and Hidr, they are lovely fish especially the second fish, who I?ve finally decided to call Zuzu.

Different coloured telescopes are really hard to find where I live. They have become even more so since i decided to turn my 40gal into a telescope only tank. :D Once Spike and Zuzu have finished being QTed they are moving in with my two new black moors. That's after their tank mates Dex and Denny have also finished being QTed and have been moved into the 135gal with Molly and her gang.

Edit: I also forgot to say that Zuzu was listed as a butterfly Oranda. Now i'm not a goldie expert but I can tell a telescope from an oranda but does her beautiful tail make her a butterfly moor?

Edited by Peanuts

Thank you MrB, Chickey, thoughtsofjoy and Hidr, they are lovely fish especially the second fish, who I?ve finally decided to call Zuzu.

Different coloured telescopes are really hard to find where I live. They have become even more so since i decided to turn my 40gal into a telescope only tank. :D Once Spike and Zuzu have finished being QTed they are moving in with my two new black moors. That's after their tank mates Dex and Denny have also finished being QTed and have been moved into the 135gal with Molly and her gang.

Edit: I also forgot to say that Zuzu was listed as a butterfly Oranda. Now i'm not a goldie expert but I can tell a telescope from an oranda but does her beautiful tail make her a butterfly moor?

Well, a moor only comes in black, so it's not a moor. According to Kokos goldfish types, it's a telescope. Telescope Goldfish Telescope goldfish can come in many colors. It also isn't a butterfly tail. A butterfly tail is also known as a peacock tail and is actually what a jikin has.

Nevertheless, I LOVE its markings! It's a gorgeous fish!

Edited by lynda441

Well, a moor only comes in black, so it's not a moor. According to Kokos goldfish types, it's a telescope. Telescope Goldfish Telescope goldfish can come in many colors. It also isn't a butterfly tail. A butterfly tail is also known as a peacock tail and is actually what a jikin has.

Nevertheless, I LOVE its markings! It's a gorgeous fish!

A Jikin's peacock tail is actually "X"-shaped when you look at it from behind. It's not the same as a "butterfly" tail, which is what Zuzu has.

I was at a local farm shop today and look what followed me home!

newfish.jpg

Fish not named: I'm still thinking of a name for this one - she's so pretty that I want a name that matches, but all I can think of is Drusilla.

Given the markings I'd suggest something like Blossom or Violette :D

A real beauty ;)

So I guess she is a butterfly then?

man is there ever a day that goes by that u dont get another beautiful fish???

I know! It feels like it too. But honestly this time I wasn't intending to buy any fish. I just couldn't resist these two, fingers cross that this will be the last new fish post I make in a while. :rofl

I'm well chuffed with my new fish and thanks all for the wonderful comments! :heart

Wow, those are two amazing and beautiful fish! Especially the second one, I can only dream of finding a fish as beautiful. May I beg for more pictures? Pretty please?

Wow, those are two amazing and beautiful fish! Especially the second one, I can only dream of finding a fish as beautiful. May I beg for more pictures? Pretty please?

Zuzu1.jpg

Zuzu2.jpg

Zuzu3.jpg

ZuzuSpike.jpg

ZuzuandSpike2.jpg