Suggestions On Tank D?cor

I?ve recently notice that my Ranchu is having difficulties swimming against the current/pull of his new tank.

My tank currently looks like:

Tank1.jpg

I was wondering if I added two more bowls, placing them behind the ones already in the tank would this help to break up the pull?

Also what if I staggered the 4 bowls so they made a V which widened out towards the back of the tank?

Edit: forgot to say that the above pic doesn't show two new air stones added to the tank. They run across the front of the tank and are 12inch long each.

Edited by Peanuts

Adding more bowls is a good idea to create calm spots. Depending on the size of the fish, he might be able to hide IN the bowls (if they are empty). I suggest that you also find some large rocks. Large rocks can be stacked to form caves and such.

You could try adjusting the position/flow from your in-tank filter/powerhead. They can create a strong current in the tank.

Thank you Thoughts of joy and Penguin, i'll get some new bowls tomorrow. I'll also leave these empty so the fish can go in them if they want to.

Unfortunalty i don't think i'll be able to create any caves as the fish are really large, however i'll get some suckers so that I can move the airstones higher up the tanks sides. I also don't think I can adjust the out put of the internal filter, howver if the above doesn't work I'm more then willing to remove it.