Light Help

bling101

hi im new to this and i wanted to get a light to i can have plants in and cos the room with my tank in is quite dim so i wanted to help them with a bit more light i am from britain so does any one know how much it would cost for a medium light for my tank :(:blink:

If you are talking about a strip light that you put on the top of the tank, they are quite expensive here in canada (compared to a package thing).

Like for example, at my local pet store, I can buy a 33 gallon tank, with top and light for $100 dollars. For just the strip light, it costs like 65 dollars.

So for relative prices, I guess its like 2 pounds per canadian dollar? so it should be like 30 dollars? The bulb itself here is like 14 dollars, so like 7 pounds? I would try to get a 18,000K color bulb, it looks very nice, and my plants grow like crazy with it.

I'm really frustrated with the price of lights in Canada too. I think I'll try to rig something up with a plain ballast and try to put a proper bulb in it. Has anyone done this?

Archived