Updated Photos Of Frilly

I took some new photos of Frilly. She has grown a lot and is loosing her orange color. He belly and sides are turning white.

2626293879_c86dc8c8dc.jpg

2627112046_ca67c7a26f_o.jpg

2626293633_cbbd355bab_o.jpg

Picture from 3 months ago to show the color change

2390080159_a0e9256723.jpg

Edited by Valerie

That is a pretty fish. I have a common goldie that started out half orange, half white, but has lost nearly all of his orange color.

That is a pretty fish. I have a common goldie that started out half orange, half white, but has lost nearly all of his orange color.

I have the opposite. :blink: I think that my Sarassa decided that red suits her better that the half red/ half white she was. :painting: Maybe if I tried food without spirrulina or caratenoids her white may come back :newfish

Your Frilly is very good looking :heart

I'm just curious why she changed color so much. I was without an overhead light for about a month. Would that have caused the color change?

I feed pro gold and I think that's supposed to increase color.

Edited by Valerie

Lots of things can cause color changes in fish-- the biggest culprit is just plain old genetics. There are fish that just seem to get bored every few months and change up their coloring!

Diet and light exposure can also have an effect. A red color enhancer would likely boost her red coloring, while in my experience it seems that orange fish like to turn white when exposed to sunlight.