I've Been A Bit Stupid

Quasi

Since I have the big tank (6 months) I've done a 25-30 % WC weekly, vacuumed all the debris of the bottom cleaned their terracotta pots and the big glass fruit bowl. Cleaned out both the filters every month. Everything I thought about, I did.

Buth somehow I forgot about the bubbler :wall

When I was halfway through my weekly wc I noticed that it wasn't working. Strange, very strange. :blink: Then my penny dropped, 'Have I ever cleaned it out?'. 'Nope'. Stupid :wa Yes I know. Somehow I overlooked it *sigh*. So I took it out, unbelieveble the gunk that was in it and under it. I tried to vacuum most of the gunk that ended up in the tank, but I didn't get everything :( . Then I took the bubbler apart and let it soak in some lukewarm water to 'soften' most of the other gunk (some of that stuff had already started evolving, yuk). After some severe rinsing it works again and it is back in its old place :D .

My poor fished didn't understand a thing about it, they've been hiding under the internal filter the entire time :hide:

But as soon as the bubbler was back in the old spot, they came out to investigate :gcar:

you two are too funny.. :rofl ..

We're much much worse in person :krazy::rolleyes:

you guys sound like Glen and I ...well actually Glens birth parents are from Belgium..so it's probably a belgium gene :rofl

Beware off the Belgians. Beware! :lol2:rofl2

• 1 month later...

Now I know why the bubbler got clogged, it works a bit like a sponge filter, so it gathers a lot of gunk underneath it were it accumulates and in the bubbles sponge (I have one of those Hydro aerators). :blink: Or one of my goldies uses it as a secret stash for excess food to survive a fasting day :rofl