Which One Should I Choose?

ok I want to get a good filter that will last me and will be good so when i do get my 55gallon next year i can use the filter also... I have a few ideas that I want but im not an expert so I trust your advise...

I also need to know about another canadian website that i can purchase the filter on I use mops.ca and i love that website i buy stuffs every month from them but there filter prices are a lil pricy lol...

Here are the choices:

Rena Smartfilter 30 http://www.mops.ca/cgi-bin/SoftCart.exe/sk...eced+1214938207

Penguin 200 Power Filter w/Bio-Wheel http://www.mops.ca/cgi-bin/SoftCart.exe/skus/cp/CPMA-PF0200B.asp?L+scstore+rgxs5421ffedeced+1214938207

Penguin 350 Power Filter w/Bio-Wheel http://www.mops.ca/cgi-bin/SoftCart.exe/sk...eced+1214938207 i really want to get this one but i dont know if its to big for a 20 gallon...

I think that you should go with the Penguin 350. The Biowheels are great and more filtration is always better. The only risk is that the filter will create too much current, but most goldfish like current and you can usually rearrange your tank to give them a few quiet areas to rest. Good luck!

I really can't help you with size requirements, or recommendations. But I can say I have both a Penguin 200 Bio-Wheel and a Penguin 350 Biowheel and I am very happy with both of them.. I bought the 200 when I first got my 29 gallon tank and when I found out that goldies needed more filtration I bought the 350 and put the 200 on a 10 gallon QT tank. At first I questioned whether it was too powerful for my smaller fish Angel, but in the end I noticed that it was not the filter at all that was causing too much water flow and making it difficult for her to swim, it was the placement of the bubble wall. I moved it up a little higher and it made all the difference. Now I have that filter in with another 10 gallon QT tank with my two orandas. It's wonderful. It has slots for two cartridges, so I actually just use one cartridge and put additional bio-media in the little bags in the spot where the second cartridge would go. The only thing I noticed on the 200 was one time when I powered it on, without making sure there was water in the filter, it acted a little funny, and now I have to make sure to pour water in WHILE powering it on. But that was something I did wrong, not something wrong with the filter, because it does actually say on it to make sure you have filled the filter with water before powering it on.

Great! As Acupunk said, I really don't think the extra filtration will be a problem, and then once you move to a 55 gallon you will be closer to meeting your filtration needs. Can't help you with canadian website... But if you know of any good online canadian music stores, PM me! I have the hardest time finding some cd's that are released by canadian singers that aren't so popular here in the US.

Great! As Acupunk said, I really don't think the extra filtration will be a problem, and then once you move to a 55 gallon you will be closer to meeting your filtration needs. Can't help you with canadian website... But if you know of any good online canadian music stores, PM me! I have the hardest time finding some cd's that are released by canadian singers that aren't so popular here in the US.

LoL I will look into that for u thanks :)

Oh 1 more thing I rmr when I was on this site b4 that i saw some topic about cleaning a used aquarium but i cant find the topic anywhere can someone help me find it. I got a used tank and it looks dirty i want to soak it for 2 days in water and bleach but i dont rmr how many bleach to how many cups of water. i know bleach is dangerous what im gointo do is bleach it and then wash it really good and leave it in the sun and then re glue the aquarium...

I found this post for you that gives the ratio for bleach to water. Hope it helps. :)

http://www.kokosgoldfish.invisionzone.com/...showtopic=64898

I've bleached a tank before, and I just made sure to rinse it well, then refill it with water and add lots of de-chlorinater (I use Prime) to get rid of the last bit of chlorine.

I found this post for you that gives the ratio for bleach to water. Hope it helps. :)

http://www.kokosgoldfish.invisionzone.com/...showtopic=64898

I've bleached a tank before, and I just made sure to rinse it well, then refill it with water and add lots of de-chlorinater (I use Prime) to get rid of the last bit of chlorine.