Guppy Questions

Two questions:

I keep my guppy tank (10 gallons, 5 male gups) about 76-78 degrees Fahrenheit. Is this a good temperature? Or should it be a bit cooler, so they don't get aggressive towards each other, chasing, etc.

Is an airstone necessary for this tank? The filter does 100 gph, but doesn't move the water around a whole lot.

Advice and comments much appreciated! :D

Edited by Petperson04

Guest littlemissyfishy

This is a very good temperature for your guppies.....however adult guppies don't need a very high temperature ...75-76 should be fine :) High temperature will not make them aggressive it just increases their metabolism and they eat much more eagerly....high temperatures like 80 -82 are used with guppy fry to get them to eat alot and grow .

You don't have to add an airstone if ur filter just keeps the water moving a little so that the air enters in the water .

Have fun with yourguppies....they sure are little fantastic fishies...I love them ♥♥ :P

Guest littlemissyfishy

And i forgot to tell you to decrease the temperature to 75 slowly so that ur gupps don't get stressed with the change in temperature. But I think u already know that :)

Thank you, Missy fishy! :) Just the information I was after!

Acupunk- Yes, I read that thread, and commented too.