Progold Or Nls

dkisosondi

I currently use OmegaOne small pellets to feed my fish. I have heard great things about ProGold and New Life Spectrum. I can get NLS locally but will have to order the ProGold. Are they fairly equivilant in quality? How small are the ProGold pellets? The pellets must be tiny for my Columbus to eat them. He has a deformed mouth.

I have not used New Life Spectrum, so I cannot compare it to ProGold.

The ProGold pellets vary in size. They are cylindrical, about 1 mm in diameter and anywhere from 1-4 mm in length. I have one small fish that I need to break the ProGold into smaller pellets for, but that is easy to do with your fingernail.

Have you tried gel food for Columbus? Sometimes gel food is a way of getting a variety of foods into a fish who is unable to eat them for one reason or another.

I have also found that the Goldfish Connection Seafood Flakes are good for small fish and for fish who are not used to sinking pellets. The Seafood Flakes sink slowly, but hold together really well and don't make a mess like other flakes. I am using them to feed my saltwater fish (as well as an occasional treat for my goldfish) and noticed yesterday that one was drifting around the tank, completely intact, 45 minutes after I fed yesterday.

Since I feed all three I took a pic so you can see how the size compares to each other. That is the Omega One small pellets. Hope it helps.

6-30-08006.jpg

Kathy

That is wonderful, thank you! :clapping: All of my fish will have problems getting ProGold down. Twitch and Hoover will be able to eat NLS. Por Columbus and the Cories will get left out. They have trouble with the OmegaOne pellets. I will try the gel food again tho.