Ryukin?

dkisosondi

Is Twitch a Ryukin? When I got him, he was only about 6 to 8 weeks old. He was in a tank full fo Red Cap Oranda, that is what I thought he was. But over the past 3 months his wen has not grown very much and now he has a hump. It was stated in another post that he may be a Ryukin which makes him suseptible to his floaty problem. I never did get a positive ID.

twitch2.jpg

twitch.jpg

Hmm. He does have a bit of a wen, but I can also see the hump you are talking about. It is not as pronounced as most ryukins have but it might very well grow. But whether or not he is actually a ryukin isn't all that important when it comes to the floaty problem -- he is a deep bodied fish with a big tummy. This means that his internal organs (including his digestive tract) are somewhat squished and are therefore more subject to constipation.

I do see a hump, but it isn't as pronounced as full ryukins can have. And I do see some type of head "differentiation" (wen?), so I would venture to guess that you have a ryukin/oranda cross.