Pearlescale Won My Heart

Smilingfish

So after thinking about this chubby guy all yesterday I couldn't take it anymore and decided I wanted him to join my harem of fish. We had to head back to our Aquarium store to pick up more amazon sword plants for our 125 gallon so figured I would check to see if the little dark guy was still there. Drats! He was looking even cuter, so that pretty much confirmed it. He was MINE! :heart

He is home now to QT for the next couple of months until I get my 65 gallon up & running. I have 2 photos here of him. One from the lfs & one from his new salted crib. Like I have mentioned in an earlier thread he is dark (brownish black) with bronze undertones. His belly is white and he has distinct nostrils with tiny pom poms. Any ideas on names?

[imgIMG00282.jpg

IMG00309-1.jpg

Awwww he is precious!!! I have never seen a pearlscale that color before. I've only ever seen them in orange and white or calico. What a find. He is so adorable. I'm feeling unimaginative right now but I would name him Bronzy. LOL I have a white goldfish named Whitie and a big calico hermit crab named Big Calico Crab. :)

Anyway congrats on your find. It's hard not to go to pet stores and look at the goldfish...

I have never seen a pearlscale that color before.

Neither have I! I haven't seen/heard of a pearlscale with pom-poms, either.

He's adorable! :)

Thanks! He seems to have handled the transition very well. I love how he comes right up to the glass when he sees me and starts mouthing the words, "FEED ME!". :P

Still thinking of a good name...

I'm feeling unimaginative right now but I would name him Bronzy. LOL I have a white goldfish named Whitie and a big calico hermit crab named Big Calico Crab. :)

lol Im creative like that too! Like a black skirt tetra named Skirty, 1 named blacky, white skirt tetra that is now dead named Whitey, Tancho wakin now dead named Cap, choco pompom oranda named Brownie, albino BN pleco named Mr. Pleco, Platy named Silver, Oto catfish named Otto, ruby barb named Fish, ruby barb named Sushi, Black skirt tera named Fin, chinese algae eater named Ish, Tiger barb named Stripe, and there was more that have passed on

those are all my most "creative" ones lol

Edited by Shamu23

He is soooo cute :bingo: . Do you think he is a pom-pom pearl cross?Wow. I have seen adult pom poms black all over (Glitterfish had a beautiful one with red pompoms) but not pearlscales so often. He sounds to have a winning personality too. Congratulations. If a name doesn't come into your head as being perfect, you could wait till it does. I have named fish only to change the name a few weeks later as their particular character became clear.

He is soooo cute :bingo: . Do you think he is a pom-pom pearl cross?Wow. I have seen adult pom poms black all over (Glitterfish had a beautiful one with red pompoms) but not pearlscales so often. He sounds to have a winning personality too. Congratulations. If a name doesn't come into your head as being perfect, you could wait till it does. I have named fish only to change the name a few weeks later as their particular character became clear.

Not sure if he is a cross or not since I have not a clue about his breeding (other than he is entirely too cute). Curious about pom poms though. Do they get larger over time? :hummm

whatta fish!!!! :heart he does look crossed his tail is soo long and his body shape more long instead of short and stubby..or is that the camera doing tricks???

I think it is my trick camera cuz he's defintely a stubby kinda guy. :teehee

That is one cute pearlscale!

My Molly had rather prononced tufts on her nose when she was smaller, but she's grown into them now. When i got Molly she was tiny, 3 inch in lenght total. Now she is 8/9inch, I hope your pearlscale grows just as big!

As for names, i'm rubbish at naming my own fish. However Boycie sprang to mind when I first saw him.

GOOD LUCK!

Edited by Peanuts

If a name doesn't come into your head as being perfect, you could wait till it does. I have named fish only to change the name a few weeks later as their particular character became clear.

I named two orange comets Fred & George (I've read the Harry Potter books). Only to rename them Fred & Gigi when I found out they were girls :exactly

He's a very cute :newfish . Suddenly I think Mocca :P

Edited by Quasi

He is soooo cute :heart

I have to admit, pearlies are stealing my heart as well. I love my little Fred so much, I think I might get another in the future. I've never seen one with that color either though!

That is one cute pearlscale!

My Molly had rather prononced tufts on her nose when she was smaller, but she's grown into them now. When i got Molly she was tiny, 3 inch in lenght total. Now she is 8/9inch, I hope your pearlscale grows just as big!

As for names, i'm rubbish at naming my own fish. However Boycie sprang to mind when I first saw him.

GOOD LUCK!

Thanks Peanuts! His little tufts may well be just little tufts instead of pom poms. No telling with this fish. And still no name...Boycie sounds nice. I am going to put in on my list. :)

If a name doesn't come into your head as being perfect, you could wait till it does. I have named fish only to change the name a few weeks later as their particular character became clear.

I named two orange comets Fred & George (I've read the Harry Potter books). Only to rename them Fred & Gigi when I found out they were girls :exactly

He's a very cute :newfish . Suddenly I think Mocca :P

Ahhh Mocca (Mocha) sounds very nice too. I LOVE Mocha flavoured anything! :heart

He is soooo cute :heart

I have to admit, pearlies are stealing my heart as well. I love my little Fred so much, I think I might get another in the future. I've never seen one with that color either though!

My sweet little pearly is definitely a unique colour. Visited a lfs today and saw a few pearlscales that were orange/white, nice but nothing like my nameless chunk of cuteness. :lovewhip