Construction Of New Pond

Guest Tyrese

Guest Tyrese

I am not 100% positive yet but I really want to make a new pond in my backyard and just raise some koi and goldfish over a 1 year period and see how it goes.

I have found really cheap pond liner, although it is 20mil material, I am hoping it has good water resistance.

http://www.fishfarmhatchery.com/ < Cheap liner for anyone interested

I am looking forward for a 12x7x3 done during the end of the summer and letting some koi go out until next summer. I'll post if anything comes up. In cali theres really no snow where I live and its not "that" cold during the winter.

i dont know about the liner but if I calculated correctly ur pond would b 1,890 gallons, i dont think thats gonna b big enough for any koi but u could certainly keep alot of goldfish in that :)

Guest Tyrese

1890 gallons is enough for koi.... I just don't know if I am ready to dig a whole that big and then start the project and I don't expect that 20mil liner to last long, I would buy it because it's cheap for a project

Edited by Tyrese