Went To A New Fish Store--

I love this place--rows and rows of stacked aquaruims! Mostly tropicals but they did have a gf section so here's some pix.

HPIM3767.jpg

This guy was a little shy but I loved his finnage

HPIM3768.jpg

He's cute

HPIM3766.jpg

His tailfins were kinda square in shape

HPIM3771.jpg

Fishy faces

HPIM3781.jpg

This one's pretty

HPIM3782.jpg

Adorable oranda had weird white stuff in his wen

HPIM3770.jpg

Poor goggle eye had a growth on his back

HPIM3758.jpg

Sneaky tinfoil barb hiding out in tank labeled "Assorted Pond Goldfish" :P

Guest Isilme

Nice pics! I love the totally white common in the last pic. If I buy a new fish, it will be a black and white one. I just love them!

Okay everybody! Step away from the oranda! It's MINE! OMG! How gorgeous! I would wonder about the white stuff. Can that be "normal" in a wen? Really, I don't know. Could it be?

Guest Spanky_
Okay everybody! Step away from the oranda! It's MINE! OMG! How gorgeous! I would wonder about the white stuff. Can that be "normal" in a wen? Really, I don't know. Could it be?

It is quite normal, as the wen grows they get opaque white spots which are points of new wen growth.

Very cool! I was just wondering, are pet stores ok with you taking pictures of the fish? I might be interested in taking pictures of fish at the store so my parents can ok a fish for their tank as a replacement for Ophie when I take her so they don't have to go.

Edited by Nomi

It is quite normal, as the wen grows they get opaque white spots which are points of new wen growth.

Phew! That's good to know!

Very cool! I was just wondering, are pet stores ok with you taking pictures of the fish? I might be interested in taking pictures of fish at the store so my parents can ok a fish for their tank as a replacement for Ophie when I take her so they don't have to go.

Yeah, it's always best to ask permission to take pictures - after all the store is private property, most stores are very obliging but it's good manners to check first :)

Yeah, it's always best to ask permission to take pictures - after all the store is private property, most stores are very obliging but it's good manners to check first :)

Thats what I thought, though I often see people taking video and pictures of animals in pet stores. I wonder if it is a common thing? If I tell them why I am taking the pictures (to choose a fish) I hope they will let me. And maybe I can post some here if I find some beauties. ;)