How Far I've Come!

Chrissy_Bee

So today when I was advising some people who'd made the same mistakes I did years ago (too many fish, too small a tank) I got thinking about how my tanks have looked over the years. Check out the progression:

This is the tank my sis had when I moved in with her....10 gallons....4 or 5 goldies! :(:( :(

oldtank.jpg

By the time I could get them a new filter and tank (a 20 gallon), we'd lost one all but one, big George (the orange moore). Unfortunatly I didn't know the 10 gallon per fish rule then so I also got a little ranchu (Angus) and an oranda (Ruby). Buuuut, shortly after, I found koko's :nana

100_7341.jpg

Skip about a year into the future...I still had big George...who was very big!! I also had a baby lion head (Elaine, who I still have :heart ) and Jerry (who I lost in October). Still overstocked...but I'd rescued Elaine and was doing some heavy duty water changes.

8a169e18.jpg

Then I FINALLY wised up and got a 30 gallon for my babies. Here's Jerry and Elaine and grown up! (I lost George not long after getting this tank)

tank.jpg

I can't beleive I went from that sad little 10 gallon to this in the space of about 4 years, I'm so happy that I know how to take care of my fish now :D

And now, I have my mighty 50 gallon! I still have Elaine, plus 2 new guys.

IMG_2024.jpg

:D What a happy progression!

Yeeeah.... I started out with 2 fancies in a 10 gallon.... then went to 3 goldies in a 10 gallon.... Eeek! lol. Now I follow the advice from here the best I can. :)

I started with a 10g 4 goldies and 2 common plecos ...
Oh ya..that reminds me, there was a pleco in the origional 10 gallon :unsure:

And yes, post your old tanks too! I think it'd be great to see how we've all learned/improved.

Hehe I had one in the earth glob (died) and then many many years later I did nine in a 55 gallon. All got fungus and died within 24 hours.

Then I found this place.

Now I have five in my 75 gallon. Oldest is three years old. 2 around two years old. One around a year and the new guy my husband rescued a month ago to small to get good photos. One of his customers had it in a bowl. He got it from them and brought it home to me. lol

Let's see, I started with 8 goldies (4 commons and 4 fancies) of various varieties all in a 15g tank. That was about 3 years before I found Koko's. Now I am at the original 4 commons in a 46g and one large fancy in a 20g.

• 2 weeks later...

I started off with goldies in a pond, so I didn't really have problems except for racoons, so thought I was pretty smart! :thumb: Then, when I had to stop with the outside fish cuz of the racoons, I started an indoor tank. :Aquarium11: I was knocked off my high horse pretty quick! :thud I started with 4 fancies in a 10 gallon. :yikes Lost those overnight. Then one fancy who lasted a week because I didn't know about cycling and water changes. :hmm I got so disgusted with myself I swore off goldies for a couple years, but the yearning for those cute faces never went away, :r030: so this time, I did my research FIRST! and found Koko's and am having much better success, :nana although I've still had a couple losses, I know so much more now! Currently have a 60 gallon with 2 fancies for a year and am slowly working on adding 2 more. Rock on :rockon Kokos!

Edited by lynda441