King's Fish Food

Guest Isilme

Guest Isilme

Yesterday I bought King's Fish food. It should be high quality fish food and is recomended by the Aquaria Antwerp import company. Ingredients look really nice (fish first, no bulking materials or garbage, a lot of added vitamins and minerals). The food comes in small pellets.

So all very good, but, as Quasi said in another post, it just won't sink! I was thinking about soaking it for 10min or so, but then I wondered wether the vitamines etc. won't dillute into the water? Do you have any suggestions?

Edited by Isilme

This is what Isilme is referring to:

The food is not good for Gigi (slight SBD fishie) . I put it in the usual cup to soak, and now matter what I do of how long I wait, it still floats. It confused the fish: 'doesn't food normally sink?' 'why does it sinks upwarts'. 'Where did it go?' Then hungry eyes looking at me: 'food?'

We could always grain (sp?) it and use it when we make gell food?

You could try presoaking it, but since Miki has said that doesn't work, you can also try squeezing the dry pellets. That will expel air and (hopefully) cause them to sink.

If not, I'd just mix them into gel food as Miki said.

Gel food. That's what I say. Mash those pellets up, soften them with liquid and then gel 'em. That way it's soft, but you still keep all the good stuff that came out in the liquid when you soaked 'em. That's what I do with my Medi-gold. It takes FOREVER, to soften up when soaking and I feel, and have been told, that all the good stuff comes out when you soak 'em and then you throw off all the liquid with the good stuff in it. So, I agree. Gel food is the answer. And, I posted a thread here (Bite-sized Gel Food) about squishing the gel food through a garlic press to make it a perfectly edible size. That was the greatest (minor) discovery I've made!

Edited by lynda441

Guest Isilme

Indeed a really nice idea. I think gelfood is idd the best option. Let's make some really nutricious, delicious bite sized grupp Quasi :-)

Let's make some really nutricious, delicious bite sized grupp Quasi :-)

And after you're done with that, maybe you can also make some gel food for the goldfish :rofl:pp

Guest Isilme

Nice idea. We were thinking to make huge amount and put it in the fridge, so you have enough food when you're working in your garden :-p

Nice idea. We were thinking to make huge amount and put it in the fridge, so you have enough food when you're working in your garden :-p

That'd be nice. Be sure to mind the normal diet of hedgehogs, and add some chocolat to that :D