Lulu Has A Hole In Her Wen!

Yes fish from ponds should really be fed a de-wormer on arrival - you'll know if there are worms usually if you treat with prazi, some of them usually come out.

Is Mediworm from GFC the appropriate thing for this? If so, I will order today. How many days should it be fed? I have not seen any worms come out with Prazi, but I want to be on the safe side.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh Heidi, I'm so sorry. :cry1 I've been reading and really hoping that Lulu would make it.

She couldn't have had a better, more loving home for her last few months. Rest in peace big girl...

There are different kinds of worms. Pinworms. Tapeworms. Flatworms. These are the 3 most common internal worms. All 3 are eliminated and killed with the combination of prazi and levimasole and metro in Jungle's anti-parasite food. You only need feed for 5 days. If you have bought fish from a pond set up yes I suggest you use this. It is safe to use with prazi and salt in the water.

Mediworm is just prazi. Thats all that's in it. So it wont kill pinworms (which need levimasole or flubenol) but it will kill flatworms.

There is another one by Geltek. Needs to be kept in the fridge and its not yummy so fish should be fasted before using. It has flubenol, prazi and metro in and is called Ultra Cure PX (dont by BX buy mistake...B for bacteria, P for parasites). The drops melt a little so best used in cooler water.

Absolutely. And its funny but I have noticed over the years of keeping fish and seeing fish die that they do have a last happy peaceful time before they pass. Its weird. Almost like they accept or know. So I understand how she seemed calm and you were hopeful. But as you say, she had quite a few things going on and the warmer weather surely accelerated it all.

ya warmer weather did not help ..when Mr Miagui was VERY ill in the winter with his finrot the ate away his tail and back ..it was a long haul but he did make it and his tail did grow back and scales on his back ...honestly ...I think he was just way to horny to die

I'm going to be way more prepared next spring and really be more vigulant (spell check :rolleyes: )

Hi-d: I'm so sorry for your loss! Lulu was such a great looking lady and I really hoped that she would pull through.

I really can't say how sorry I am for you. :heart

Oh no Heidi! I just got home from a weekend in the country and read this thread. Lulu was such a pretty gal, I'd really hoped her illness wasn't a big thing. But of course you did your best and it was her time to go. :(:(

Oh no Heidi! I just got home from a weekend in the country and read this thread. Lulu was such a pretty gal, I'd really hoped her illness wasn't a big thing. But of course you did your best and it was her time to go. :(:(

I know :( ...you could tell this morning she had enough ..she looked right at me and took her last breath it was peacful ..I told her to let go ..thanks Chrissy :heart

No no no!! I just read the whole thread and I am so sad now. :cry

This thread is just one example of many of why this forum is the best forum on the Internet... hands down. It's so touching to see everyone pulling for and helping people on the other side of the world. Kristen, you are amazing.

Heidi I'm so sorry that she didn't make it.