Lulu Has A Hole In Her Wen!

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Question ??? LuLu has had a few bloody poops ...she is still pooping normal but will have a few bloody ones in between is this from the effects of prazi eliminating any internal parasites???????? :unsure: ..I have to go to a graduation so I'll be back soon ...man I hate leaving a sick fish !!!!!!!

Edited by hi-d

Hi-d do you mean bright red poops? And you hadn't fed blood worms the day before? As long as she is also doing normal poops it may be the infection raging inside and that can cause bleeding. Metro(meds) is usually very good for dealing with this.

yah :( ..she will have a peice of bright red poop attached to regular poop..(is it ok to do a big water change and add the prazi back in ?...can I add epsom salts instead of regular salt till the meds get here if she may be swelled at all??...she isn't pineconing but rather full of eggs and wondered if that would give her releif of any sort???...we have a holiday coming up so I hope that dosn't interfere with when the meds will arrive (I also have antibacerial meds by jungle here at hand if needed asap...oh almost forgot ..I didn't feed her bloodworms

Edited by hi-d

Epsom may help her release the eggs yes. If she is not swollen, I think your best bet is to give her perfect water conditions, add back the prazi (okay with the epsom) and feed her well (fruit, peas, krill, shrimp etc ) until the MMs get here, hopefully soon.

When are you leaving on your vacation? I tried to track the package today and it just says that it left Texas yesterday... sometimes the online tracking doesn't update until the package reaches its destination so it is not very useful :glare: . Oh I hope it gets there in time!

When are you leaving on your vacation? I tried to track the package today and it just says that it left Texas yesterday... sometimes the online tracking doesn't update until the package reaches its destination so it is not very useful :glare: . Oh I hope it gets there in time!

O no vacation for me hun !!!..it's Canada day on the 1st it falls on the tuesday and knowing our lazy a$$ goverment will close everything on both days!!....this has just dawned on me in the last few hours...nobody here knows what to do if tha actual holiday dosn't fall on a Monday or during the weekend :lol1 I NEED a vacation ...when LuLu gets better we will take one together :D ...

package with meds left chicago on june 28th..it's getting closer!!!

Oh good! I hope that it doesn't hang up too long at the border. I labeled it as "pet supplies" rather than "fish food" hoping that it would have an easier time that way through customs. I hope you get it tomorrow before Canada Day on Tuesday (for you) and Independence Day on Thursday (for me). Just our luck that there are TWO holidays this coming week!

It could be the eggs themselves are infected. Hi-di hun can you look at her exit port and see if its red and swollen?

no sign of redness..she is still fighting and hanging in there ..she is still eating some but is starting to spit out food...(she has droped eggs about a month ago..and her vent was sticking way out before now it is only semi sticking out

Edited by hi-d

Okay so there is some bleeding inside. It doesnt mean she is going to die. It needs treating. Egg impaction can cause bleeding - so can various kinds of internal sepsis.

What do you have in her water right now? Epsom? Prazi?

How far is Chicago from you? I wonder if there's any chance that the Metromeds will get there tomorrow?

well , Detroit is about 2 hours from us ..I'm located east from Windsor (if I am correct Chicago is west north from me :blink: )I should map it for sure !! I have a good feeling they will be here tomorrow LuLu is a fighter and even though she is stuck on her side it dosn't seem to bother her any..

Its alarming but I know for sure metromeds is the bestmedication here hi-d and anything else is not going to work. So you will have to keep her as comfortable as possible and wait. Take some deep breaths. Lulu is a fighter and fish like her with good immunity can live through worse than this.

How many days prazi now? Perhaps its time for a break.

Its alarming but I know for sure metromeds is the bestmedication here hi-d and anything else is not going to work. So you will have to keep her as comfortable as possible and wait. Take some deep breaths. Lulu is a fighter and fish like her with good immunity can live through worse than this.

How many days prazi now? Perhaps its time for a break.

yes metro meds for sure .. :) ..I gave her the first dose of prazi on friday afternoon and I readded the right amount after her waterchange ..so do you think a 100% waterchange tomorrow and give her a break?..she seems to feel refreshed after a waterchange and her energy picks up ...do also think I should fast her before the meds get here to get her real nicw and hungryand give her bow;ls a break or keep feeding her to keep moving the infection out..

I mapped the distance betwen chicago and here and it is around 7 hours ..it left chicago on saturday so my fingers are crossed!!! also Trinket the redness in her sores is dulling out it dosn't look as nasty so hopefully a good sign her immunity is still somewhat there

Edited by hi-d

When you start to see a white edge around the sores you will know they are healing and going to heal completely. Thats the point when you should never apply a topical application of anything because you would be killing all the good bacteria and enzymes at work in the healing process. Lulu can do this herself. Immunity is a powerful weapon and all the vitamin C you have been feeding her is paying off now.

Take her off the prazi now I would. 2 or 3 days is plenty IMO to kill off all flukes that might be on her and delaying recovery. Hatch outs you can worry about later.Fresh water, a very small amount of epsom (dont overdose or it can cause anemia).

Don't feed her now till the MMs arrive. Good idea.

When you start to see a white edge around the sores you will know they are healing and going to heal completely. Thats the point when you should never apply a topical application of anything because you would be killing all the good bacteria and enzymes at work in the healing process. Lulu can do this herself. Immunity is a powerful weapon and all the vitamin C you have been feeding her is paying off now.

Take her off the prazi now I would. 2 or 3 days is plenty IMO to kill off all flukes that might be on her and delaying recovery. Hatch outs you can worry about later.Fresh water, a very small amount of epsom (dont overdose or it can cause anemia).

Trinket I see many different measurments posted on epsom salts ..I put very little in last night knowing you only need very little..for a 10gallon what would you say I should put in ??..