Tvr

daryl

10 months old, now. 2 inches long, total. Mita.

They are the only ones that lived through a catastrophic power outage while we were out of town. I have had them since they were teeny tiny.

Pardon my usual AWFUL photography.

How am I doing? I am pumping the bloodworms.

post-27-1214407570_thumb.jpg

post-27-1214407621_thumb.jpg

Those are nice looking ranchus. My ranchu Pip (rip) looked like that when he was younger.

Edited by br553

A breeder traded me a set of Bristol Shubies and a scoop of single culled Mitas last fall. 3 of the 4 Britols are growing wonderfully, and the only two Mitas that made it through the power failure are growing GREAT. I just do not know what sex they are and I really want to start a line. I do NOT want to mix anything into that line - it MUST remain pure, so I am finagling for a few more......

With hopes, I shall have a line breeding in a year or so. .. and you will be welcome to a scoop of fry, too. :)

Other than pushing the protien and giving them time, I know of nothing. I am still learning, though.

They are beginning to develop now - not fast, but symetrically and solidly. The yellow/white one is a bit ahead of the red. Yes - I would prefer that the yellow/white one had more color, but these have not seen the sun yet, so that may brighten all. I did not have any choice in the culling - an accident happened for that. If I had, I would have chosen red/white or red.

Any suggestions for feeding/care to increase/preserve quality?

I have been feeding this food to my fish and it seems to have resulted in fairly significant wen growth in a short period of time on my ranchu and oranda:

http://www.dainichi.com/cichlid_food_ColorFX.html

It is actually a cichlid food, but I tried it because it is their highest protein food and because it is more readily available in my area than the goldfish formulation. My fish don't seem to have any trouble digesting it. You might not want to use it with your white/yellow ranchu, however. My lemonhead oranda has developed some sizeable orange splotches on her tummy and dorsal fin since I started feeding this food.

Other than pushing the protien and giving them time, I know of nothing. I am still learning, though.

They are beginning to develop now - not fast, but symetrically and solidly. The yellow/white one is a bit ahead of the red. Yes - I would prefer that the yellow/white one had more color, but these have not seen the sun yet, so that may brighten all. I did not have any choice in the culling - an accident happened for that. If I had, I would have chosen red/white or red.

Any suggestions for feeding/care to increase/preserve quality?

As far as I know, ppl are feeding them small portion/ more frequent of bloodworm, changing water w/ aged water and exposed them to sun light. Some people use green water :unsure:

But I am glad to see some TVRs on this forum.

They have spent the last 9 months in green water. I have been feeding them 3 times a day with bloodworms and other high protien. The water is kept in good classic greenwater cultivation.

I have not given them any sunshine. That will prove more difficult.

:)

Guest Ranchu Addict

I also like the red one best. Sounds like you are doing the right things for these tvr. When you've done all you can do it comes down to genetics. I like your ranchu and wish you the best in their developement.