Goldfish Auction

Hey, anybody get anything from the latest goldfishconnection/dandyoranda auction??? I was speaking to Ken the other day and he said he was expecting a new shipment. I really love that panda broadtail Moore. Nice ryukins also

Ken is a great guy and has beautiful, healthy fish. I got a red and white ranchu from him a few months ago (the fish in my avatar) and I absolutely love her. I would highly recommend purchasing fish from him. I look every week he has an auction and have to discipline myself not to bid!

ooh, ooh, ooh!!! What's this? Where do I find this? I wanna see! Me too! Me too!

EDIT: Okay, I found it! ohhhhhh.... how much would I love those chocolate pom pom orandas? How yummy! But, one I don't have room for 3 and two, even if I did, I can't afford those beauties!

Now this is just mean! :cry Teasing me like this..... (as her lower lip sticks out in a pout...) :crying:

Edited by lynda441

Okay, so I took advantage of my free time and made a day of visiting all the LFS within an, oh, I don't know.... 20 mile radius of me...? It appears to be the season for single tails, but as far as fancies, most are the standard fantails, and a fair amount of red and white ryukins, a few sickly pearlscales and red and white orandas, but whereas I have a ryukin, a blue oranda and a lionhead (which is the ONLY lionhead I've ever seen in my parts in the 4 years I've been keeping fancies), I'm on the lookout for something unusual. The second store I went into, I perused all the fish and was just about on my way out when BAM!, I apparently had overlooked on my first pass, this most gorgeous 3 inch chocolate pom pom oranda! Short of being about twice as large as what I was out shopping for, this was exactly what I wanted! HEAVEN!!! I'll take it I said. Oh, it's sick, they said... it really didn't look that bad, but I admired that they were willing to forego a sale in lieu of making sure I knew it was sick. But, second greatest thing they did, they offered to put my name on a list for a special order. They say their supplier is the largest supplier on the West Coast and if a healthy, 2" chocolate pom pom oranda can be gotten, he's the one to get it. OMG! I love these people! Now, they made sure to say that it could take a week, it could take a couple months, but they'll do everything to find me one. SO! If this does happen, I'll make sure to post a pic... I had a FUN day!

Edited by lynda441

I LOVE responsible fish stores..... they are sooooo great. :)

You are beginning to make your way into the world of fish - different than the average. That is WONDERFUL! I hope your dream fish comes along soon. :)

That's so great Lynda!!!! You've got strong willpower to resist that fish that was almost right for you. Sounds like you've got a good store and thats so cool that you are on the special order list. I found a store like that where the guy asked me what fish I was looking for and what size and I just about had a heart attack I was so excited. He said he would keep an eye out and if one came along he would get it. I'd like a panda oranda.. or maybe even a panda moore. I am going to keep the theme right now as oranda tank and telescope tank. But I don't want a new one for a least a month or so, so hopefully he DOESN'T find one now. haha I saw you wrote on another thread that you were like me and looking for a certain size and wanted the chocolate pom pom so this is great news for you! And yeah pretty great that they told you about the illness rather than just be like "oh whatever here's the fish".

Awww.... I had a panda oranda. Fats Domino. He was soooo beautiful. I knew he was beautiful, but I didn't realize then how difficult they were to come by. This was back when I was just starting out keeping fancies in aquariums. I made sure to murder him within a week.... ah well. :rip::( This store yesterday had a teeny tiny panda something. It looked like a fantail in the body. It wasn't a moor or oranda. Could've possibly been a ryukin even. I'm so dumb, I don't remember what the tail fin looked like.... I would've gotten him but he was toooo small and as I'm on the list for the chocolate pom pom oranda, I can't buy anything else. :devilangel Even teeny. Then again, being so little, he has a lot of potential to lose all that beautiful panda-ness.... Oh, and sorry for the same story on the other posting, but I was so happy and had so much fun I wanted to share the news on both similar postings... 'spose I could've started my own, but it wasn't THAT big of news! :crazy: