Buffitup

• Admin

I had a very bad issue with my Ph and KH when Fluoride was added to my water source. I tried everything to fix the issue and just wouldn't move due to the fact I have very hard water. I even had crushed Coral in my tank and just was barely keeping it there. My fish were having a very hard time and I was loosing cycle once a week :(

So I call Rick Hess to figure out what I could do about this problem, and he suggested Buff it up and man what a difference this stuff made. Even with hard water my KH when up and Ph stabilized and no more crashes on cycle and on my PH.

How do you use this ? Well when you do a water change check your PH and KH use a small amount like a teaspoon per 20 gals of water, check it in 24 hours and see were it is. Now you want to add more if it needs it and for everyone its going to be different. You will need to test and add to find out were the water is at, once you have figured out how much you need, then all you need to do is add that amount with your water change and test your water. Since I got it and use it with every water change I haven't had a problem since :D

Good stuff and thank you Rick Hess for making another wonderful product :D

• 8 months later...

i looked at this stuff and am a little confused about it. from the reviews that i read, it looks like it raises the pH. does it raise the pH, too? i dont need my pH raised at all (its perfect out of the tap). the kH, however, comes out too low at 20-40ppm.

Edited by RedTiger

• 2 months later...

My tap water has a pH of 6.8 and kH of 0-1. I add about a triple dose of buffitup during waterchanges and the pH only goes up to about 7.1 - really not that much. I used to use a liquid kH booster that had very drastic effects on the pH, I like this product much, much better!