Live Baby Brine Shrimp

Guest alfie2110

I feed my fry live baby brine shrimp I hatch myself as soon as they are free swimming - approximately 2-3 days after hatching. They eat the shrimp as their first meal and for all meals for at least 2-4 weeks.

Guest alfie2110

ok thanks, :rolleyes: my baby fish are fry about 2 weeks old, :newfish i dont have pics yet but i will get some for you guys, you may remember that i had my last lot of fry they are now 10 weeks old and i have about 38 left, :krazy: they dont seem to have any colour yet but im sure in time it will come, :D and one last question, at what age should you ween you baby fish off bbs on to fish food flakes, :unsure: thanks

The fry will eat baby brine shrimp that I hatch until they are big enough to eat frozen daphnia. They eat these until they are big enough to eat brine shrimp. They eat the brine shrimp and chopped bloodworms for a few more weeks and then I add in crushed high protien flakes (soaked so they sink). GC has some nice "fish flakes" that I like. I add in a gel food that is heavy on spiriliana and protien (Hikari Lionhead is a good one that goes well in gel). With a nice layer of green algae to munch on, the fry have a good diet that produces good growth very nicely. This is what they eat for about a year.....

Most fry are about 3 inches in body at about 1 year of age, give or take.