Goldfish At Bottom Of Tank

Guest deemurphy02

Guest deemurphy02

Please can someone help us to find out whats wrong with our Goldfish , for the last 5 days he has been at the bottom of his tank and he is not swimming . . He used to be very lively but now he wont even eat for us.

He is a singel goldfish and we changed the water and the filter yesterday. PLEASE can someone help ?????

Hello deemurphy02, and welcome to Koko's!

Sorry to hear that your fish is not well. There is a box at the top of the page here. If you could answer all of the questions that you can, it will help us to be able to help you.

Post back soon with as much info as you can!

hi, when my goldfish was doing the same thing I went to the store and bought API aquarium salt it comes in a small carton. I did what it said on the side of the carton (which is 1tbs per 5 gal.) and my fish got better right away. But like the others said you should give more info on your water.

good luck!

we changed the water and the filter yesterday. PLEASE can someone help ?????

What do you mean by changed the filter? The filter should be rinsed in old tank water to preserve the beneficial bacteria that are helping keep the water safe. The water doesn't matter being changed and should be regularly but the filter media should never be swopped, it can be rinsed and replaced. What kind of filter and filter media are you using. Please answer as many Qs as you can from the diagnosis box above so we can help more :)

• 2 weeks later...