Sign in to follow this  
dickey_moe

New Betta Boy

Krom I named him after Conan's God. I also bought a girl. I have no pictures of her because she is still a little stressed. She is like an angry little wasp buzzing around in the tank. I gave her a Klingon name: Vixis (I think it means "ill-tempered little fish"). She is a lovely violet color. As soon as she calms down I will get some photos of her.

I must say that the LFS I got Krom from was immaculate. I have never seen such clean tanks and healthy looking fish.

The Bettas were awesome! They had an all-black one that I still may go back for....(I have already named him in my mind, we all know that's one of the first steps to ownership :D ) I was thinking that the black may not last..Does anyone know if it is permanent on a betta? I have to know because he was priced much higher than Krom.

Both Krom and Vixis are having a little trouble adjusting. Krom hasn't eaten yet, but he was blowing bubbles, and Vixis won't settle down.

Krom is a handsome boy.

He looks a bit like my KA-BLAM!.

Krom is BEAUTIFUL.... I looooooooooove his colors...

Krom I named him after Conan's God. I also bought a girl. I have no pictures of her because she is still a little stressed. She is like an angry little wasp buzzing around in the tank. I gave her a Klingon name: Vixis (I think it means "ill-tempered little fish"). She is a lovely violet color. As soon as she calms down I will get some photos of her.

I must say that the LFS I got Krom from was immaculate. I have never seen such clean tanks and healthy looking fish.

The Bettas were awesome! They had an all-black one that I still may go back for....(I have already named him in my mind, we all know that's one of the first steps to ownership :D ) I was thinking that the black may not last..Does anyone know if it is permanent on a betta? I have to know because he was priced much higher than Krom.

Both Krom and Vixis are having a little trouble adjusting. Krom hasn't eaten yet, but he was blowing bubbles, and Vixis won't settle down.

lol, the names.

The one at the store is most likely a black lace which means he carries other colors in him such as blue or red or gold. Melano is a harder to get betta which tends to be infertile. They can be rather costly and your chances of finding a true Melano in a pet store is slim to none. However, black lace looks better IMO.

He was gorgeous ! and so black I couldn't see his eyes, or any details. I would like to see him in the broad light of day. I think I'm taking a trip......... :newfish

Krom is stunning! Congrats on both your new babies.

That is interesting about black lace bettas Sushi. Sounds like he will have a home today too :)

Guest BettaBlues

Sweet boy! I love his tail, really vivid. Can't wait for pics of your girlie too!