I Need Help Deciding!

here's my delima ...I was thinking of putting the to baby ranchus in the 20 and putting LuLu back in the 10 now that I know her habits she is not a very mobile fish but the 2 little ones are... lulu however is a big fish that only scoots when she feels she needs to otherwise she sits in her corner and watches me all day ..I think she would be happy in the 10 up beside me on the desk and I would have 200 or more gph turn over and I will be doing this after the Q is over for the little fish ...what do you think????

Because she doesn't need swimming space, I would think that Lulu would be okay in the 10 gallon, assuming that you can keep water parameters acceptable in that small volume of water. She would probably like to be with you there at the desk.

thats what I was thinking .....I alway end up overfeeding when she is with an other fish just to be sure she gets her share . but when ahe is alone she is easy to maintain ..and she gets treated like a Queen up here on the desk :rolleyes: ..I think I will ..but after Q is over for the little guys... I like treating 10's better if needed :) thanks Kristen

I just wanted to put in that you will probably have to do much more frequent water changes for the 10 gallon, to keep the nitrates down. She is a pretty big fish!

But it sounds like she would be happier on her own.

I usually change the 10 every 2 days regardless ..it's easy and I have a 5 g bucket so it only takes a minute or 2 I just don't want to put her with some of the others they tend to pick on her ...I had her in the 55 and she regressed because of Jelly the big mean Oranda in my avatar. :( I even devided the tank when she was in there and put jelly by himself and he would play dead .it sounds crazy I know but when I removed the devider and let him with the other fish all was good he hasn't done it since .. :idont ...it means I'll have to grab a spare 10 or another rubbermaid but thats ok ...maybe I'll buy her a new 10 :yeah:

My special guy Ziggy lives in a 10 gallon and seems perfectly happy with it. He's not huge but he is my biggest goldfish. He's not especially active except at feeding time or when I'm playing with him so he really doesn't need a lot of swim space. It definitely requires more water maintenance but changing water out of a 10g is so fast that it doesn't bother me. I kept it barebottom and decorated very sparsely with just a pot and a bubble bar so it doesn't seem too tiny and the lesser depth of the smaller tank = less water pressure which seems to help with his swimbladder problems. When he gets sick and doesn't want to move off of the bottom he'll still scoot on over to the corner to watch what I'm doing if I'm in the room so I bet Lulu would appreciate being on your desk and being able to watch you :thumbs: