Sign in to follow this  
heidiinatree@yahoo.ca

Oh Yes I Did!

these are my new additions I could not resist !!!!!!! they were at nnnnnn and I got them for $2.98...they were 5.88 but to make a long story short I had very crappy service and no one knew what they were doing so when they were not looking I pushed the 5.88 sign down and moved the 2.98 sign up ..I honestly feel terrible. :blink: ..nah no I don't ,they were that bad :ignore ..so these are lionhead/ranchus ..I'm thinking ranchus they have a very tucked bum ...they are maybe a bit bigger than the tip of my thumb so here is Pipsqueak and Pigpen

post-14812-1213814253_thumb.jpg

post-14812-1213814297_thumb.jpg

here are a few more pics..mostly white one is pipsqueak and the other pigpen so here is pigpen......and pipsqueak.. :P

post-14812-1213815462_thumb.jpg

post-14812-1213815497_thumb.jpg

post-14812-1213815543_thumb.jpg

Edited by hi-d

cool looking fish! hope they grow big n strong. and dont worry, if someone was there to help you then you wouldnt have been able to do that lol. for the kids reading, we are not condoning this

cool looking fish! hope they grow big n strong. and dont worry, if someone was there to help you then you wouldnt have been able to do that lol. for the kids reading, we are not condoning this

:rofl .....thank goodness my kids were in school ...they would of told on me !!!!!!!

I pushed the 5.88 sign down and moved the 2.98 sign up ..I honestly feel terrible. ..nah no I don't ,they were that bad
:D Tsk tsk tsk.....nah, I did the same at a pet store a while ago after getting crappy service...but with a dog harness....is that worse? :P Annnnyway, great looking little fish and I :heart their names

oh they are so very tiny ..I hope they will get BIG they are in the 10 for Q and they look lost in it I have to but a pot in it for them because I put my aqua clear on it and the gph is 200 so I need to give them a quite spot

Those are the best little fish names ever!

Very nice! Ranchus are my faves :wub:

I have a question about ranchus actually, at what age would you expect them to start growing the wen?

I am not certain ..genetics play a HUGE role in wen growth ..I have heard so many things that my help in the growth I'm not sure if it helps or not ..I have heard 2-3 years old but yet I've seen little ones with little wens and I have seen adults without :idont ..I say feed variety lots of space and pristine water will let your fish grow to the full potential that it can :D ...but I am hoping for wen growth ;)

I had a little ranchu once that never showed so much as a sign of a wen.

As for feeding, I really had huge success with Hikari Lionhead. I fed it exclusively to my fish for a while and then wen growth was really crazy. It could have been genetics, but I'm sure the food helped.

they both r very cute! Cant wait to see pics of them when they get a bit bigger!

Good move with the pricetags lol, awhile ago when i was at petland buying a piece of driftwood i knew the price was $12.99 but the guy couldnt find a barcode on it so he asked the manager wat price it was and she was like "oh those ones are $9.97". As soon as I stepped out my mom was like "that wasnt actually the price was it?" and i was like "nope but why would i say anything" lol i also got a 10% discount too for being an aquarium society member :D

Usually im a very honest person but this time i couldnt resist lol. Like at movies when my parents are trying to pass me as 12 Im usually like "Im 15!!!" and they'll b like "shut up, you're 12!" lol, but they've finally stopped trying that :)

Oh gosh.. I hope this doesn't turn into a confessional thread, I'd have a lot to say if it did, hehe. Great fish and names, your ranchu collection is growing Heidi

I had a little ranchu once that never showed so much as a sign of a wen.

As for feeding, I really had huge success with Hikari Lionhead. I fed it exclusively to my fish for a while and then wen growth was really crazy. It could have been genetics, but I'm sure the food helped.

I have Hikari Oranda Gold - that will do just as well won't it?

Hey Hi-D! Those are the cutest most hyper-active fish I have ever seen! I hope they grow up big and strong but at the rate they swim they will burn off any callories you feed! Love the names too!

and as for:

Like at movies when my parents are trying to pass me as 12 Im usually like "Im 15!!!" and they'll b like "shut up, you're 12!" lol, but they've finally stopped trying that :)

My parents used to just say, :2 adults and 2 students ----- granted my sister was in college and I was a senior but my parents got the cheaper tickets!! That always just killed me.........Them teaching us not to lie and be honest (they did not "lie" we were students), but they also taught us not to spend more than we had to!

I have Hikari Oranda Gold - that will do just as well won't it?

I'm not sure how they compare. Maybe you can look up the nutritional info/ingredients online and check it out.

If I remember right, the oranda gold is floating and the lionhead pellets are sinking. I'm not sure if that's the only difference, but that was my reasoning on buying the lionhead. Although after only a couple of weeks feeding it, my little guy's wen is getting ridiculous.

uggghhh I went out to find some today and could not find any I'm going to have to order some I guess I'm glad to here that you have had sucsess 32flavors :)