Sign in to follow this  
Chrissy_Bee

My 50 Gallon

Here's my 50 gallon so far :D

post-5992-1213300271_thumb.jpg

My brother in law built me a really sturdy stand. I still have no canopy, I'm going to get one next week. The tank divider is to seperate my big guys from the little guy and sinky girl.

I'm not putting any more stones on the bottom that what you see there. I have large airstones in both back corners. The little plastic cups are going to both have plants and more rocks, and the vase in the center is going to be topped up with small rocks as well, so that the plants are actually more near the top.

My goldies are still with my sis at my old place, but I'm going to get a filter and 2 of the fish tonight. I'd bring them all but then the old tank will need to be cleaned out right away and I just don't have the time. This is so exciting, I think I finally have my dream tank :D

Looks great! It is cool that you'll be able to keep them all the same tank, but that Tiny Tony and your sinky girl will be safe from food hogs and bullies (and eye-pickers). I will look forward to photos when everyone moves in.

The tank looks really nice. I think they'll like it in there :D

Be sure to put up photographs as soon as you moved'em :)

Its a good start.

Your tank and devider idea is wonderful! I would never have thought about that!

Does your tank have black plastic up the corners or is that black sillicone? Just currious, I had never seen a tank like that before.

More pictures are always welcome....... love new ideas I see on the board.

yaaa it is set up..can't wait til they are swimming in all that room

Does your tank have black plastic up the corners or is that black sillicone? Just currious, I had never seen a tank like that before.

Yes there's black silicone....I hadn't even noticed until you pointed it out!! The tank is a Hagen, btw.

I brought Elaine and Tony over earlier. They are SOOOOOO cute together. The two have never met. Tony stays close to her and even hides in her tail, it's like a little baby with his mom :heart

And of course...I took pics

Here they are in their bucket on the way....look close at Elaine's tail and you'll see Tony

IMG_1970.jpg

And here they are in their new digs!

IMG_1972.jpg

Aww, they are so cute!! Look at that wen on Elaine... it looks like a marshmallow! She just looks so soft. :P

And as always Tony is a cutie... he seems to have adjusted well to the loss of his eye.

:D:happydance How many more are going in there?

he seems to have adjusted well to the loss of his eye.

He has, I caught him on his bad side with that shot hey?

Two more are going in, George and Fred are going on the other side. I actually moved the divider over a little, the big mobile guys will get about 75% of the space for now.I'm contemplating getting one more fish, but I think I'll leave it at 4 for now.

And yes that's some wen Elaine has there hey? Check out her pic in my sig, I didn't even realize how much growth and change she's had, it's crazy.

that is great how they get along :D

Black jack will never let me take a pic of his bad side...

And yes that's some wen Elaine has there hey? Check out her pic in my sig, I didn't even realize how much growth and change she's had, it's crazy.

It looks like cauliflower. :P Yum!

Goodness Chrissy if it weren't for that tail sticking out, I would have never known there was a goldfish underneath all that wen! That's incredible!

Tank looks awesome, by the way. :bingo: They are gonna love it!

Hehe, thanks everyone. I handle Elaine quite a bit and yes...that is one squishey wen she has.

Last night I noticed Tony picking at her tail and moved him to the other side of the tank....oh the drama. I'm not sure if I'll leave him there and try him with the big guys again, or put him back with Elaine. He hasnt' been fed much this week with me moving and all, I'm hoping it was just desperation from hunger.... :unsure:

greating looking tank and cute fish!!! I like the black silicone I have only 1 tank like that (also from hagen)! Cant wait to see more pics!

Guest Montman

Nice looking setup. Keep us posted.

Ah, pretty fish! :)

LOL at the topic title ---> "Progress so far" It's so true! Tanks take a long time to get up and running and decorated just so.

Guest Nemo & Cynthia

WOW, Elaine's wen is the biggest wen I have EVER seen. Looks like you fed her a lot of protein...... :D

WOW, Elaine's wen is the biggest wen I have EVER seen. Looks like you fed her a lot of protein......

Thanks :) She was fed mainly Hikari Lion Head since I've had her, but now mostly progold.

So here's another update. The whole fishy family has arrived :carrot:

Here are George and Fred looking around. Fred's currently tearing into the new plants :rolleyes:

IMG_1978.jpg

And here's the whole tank. All I have left to do is bring over the second filter (I forgot it today in my panic to move the fish) and get the canopy.

IMG_1979.jpg

Annnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnd I just got home and Elaine had a big bite taken out of her tail :wall

So I'm chancing it and putting Tony back in with the big guys. This musical fish thing is driving me crazy!! So far so good though, I arranged the vases so that Tony can hide behind them. There is some chasing going on but nothing serious. I'm really hoping that the big fish will just get used to him as my fish have always done with little ones in the past :(

Guest Nemo & Cynthia

Oh dear, I hope she is alright. If you'd like you can treat her with some API StressCoat.

After a hard week my tank is finally up and running!!!! I just put the canopy on, here it is :D

IMG_2024.jpg

I'm happy with it, I just hope the algae stays away, I like this clean and shiney look :P

I considered some sort of background, but I think this looks ok. I just need to move the cords out of the way a little.

PS....If you look hard on the right, you can spot Elaine peeking from behind the plant container :heart