What To Feed Tadpoles?

lantern567

I just got 3 tadpoles, and I was going to put them into the aquarium now that the fish are in the pond. Problem is, what do I feed them? How about frozen brine shrimp?

Do I need to quarantine them like I do fish? Could they be carrying the same kinds of diseases? Should I dose them with Prazi?

Any info on what to do with these little guys would be most helpful!!!

You'll probably kill them using any kind of meds on them including salt, frogs are very very senstitive that's why they are such good environmental indicators, so if they are going into your tank just put them in it and then after they grow up, and you're ready to let them go, just disenfect the tank very well.

They also make a comerical tadpole food, we got it at our LPS.

Edited by Maceo

They will eat a lot of plant material in the wild, along with any tiny swimming protein sources they can catch. I raised some way back in high school, that we caught in the biology field trip. They were given over to my care since I was the TA for that teacher. I never added any food, but there was plant material collected from the same area in their buckets. With daily waterchanges they grew into little frogs about the size of the pink part on my pinky nail. Then we realeased them by the pond on base so they could continue to grow (and have a chance at catching a tasty bug).

They will eat a lot of plant material in the wild, along with any tiny swimming protein sources they can catch. I raised some way back in high school, that we caught in the biology field trip. They were given over to my care since I was the TA for that teacher. I never added any food, but there was plant material collected from the same area in their buckets. With daily waterchanges they grew into little frogs about the size of the pink part on my pinky nail. Then we realeased them by the pond on base so they could continue to grow (and have a chance at catching a tasty bug).

kusackaid -- Off topic, but 777builder over on the "New Tank Syndrome, Celestials Hurtin" is trying to get in touch with you.