Sign in to follow this  
dengundam

My Gold Gourami

Please help my guy is like struggling to get to the surface of the water he swims on one side and goes ina circle towards the right but cant maintain it steady whats going on please help

is there a muscle desiese that or anything like that that could explain because he can only move his tail muscle to the right and it looks like its bent

Hi - We need all the usual stats to help you (tank size, filters, ammonia, nitrite, nitrate, pH, etc.) See the goldfish diagnosis and discussion section for the whole list.

Is it possible that there is stray current in your tank from a heater or powerhead or something? I think that can cause partial paralysis or kinking.

[*]Test Results for the Following:

Ammonia Level? is i dont know how to read it but its a little darker than the 0ppm but lighter than the .25 ppm

Nitrite Level? is at .25

Nitrate level? is at 2-3 ppm

Ph Level, (If possible,KH and GH and chloramines)? ph is at 7.6

Ph Level (KH/GH) out of the Tap? dont know

Brand of test-kit used? (strips or drops?) aquarium pharmaceutical inc test kit

[*]Tank size (How many Gals) and How long has it been running? its a 30 gallon and its been running since nevember last year it has [*]What is the name and size of the filter/s? its wisper for 30 gallons

[*]How often do you change the water and how much? i change it 10-20 percent weekly

[*]How many fish in the tank and their size? 3 fish including hte sick one all total lenth of inches ins only 6

[*]What kind of water additives or conditioners? i use api stress coat water conditioner

[*]Any medications added to the tank? none

[*]Add any new fish to the tank? he is the new fish the others are all fine

[*]What do you feed your fish? color bits flakes and solids

[*]Any unusual findings on the fish such as nooo

"grains of salt",

bloody streaks, frayed fins or fungus?noo

[*]Any unusual behavior like staying at the bottom, not eating,ect..?yes like i said he is only movie in circles in teh right its like he cant use his dorsal and pectoral fins only his tail and he can only go the the right

I agree with Kristen, sounds like a possible electric shock, could anything have caused this? Does it look like there's an actual bend in his spine?

too late he passed :( coulda heater of done the shock if soo ?

I'm sorry to hear that :(

I think it may have been something else. I've had a lot of bad luck with gouramis and typically they'll go quickly like yours did.