Sign in to follow this  
thoughtsofjoy

I Am In Disbelief

you think a little snow will stop me from getting to class?

Jeez, a single flake is usually enough to stop me....then again, so is a good tv show...a sunny day....any other distraction ;)

As for the rest of you complaining about how hot it is, COME HERE AND GET IT!!!! I'm freezing my tush off over here!! Bring me sunshine, bring me sidewalk eggs, bring me your 100 degree weather!!!

Same here!!!! We've had a bit of sunshine but nothing too intense, bring it on! It will take me at least a month to thaw from the winter/"spring" we've had.

Ladies, you can have the heat! It's been 90-96* the past 4 days, no rain or anything. I melted just walking to the car. Gonna be a long summer. :unsure: Your prezzie will be this heat wave! :yeah:

Joy I am glad to hear you got the fishies inside quickly. How are they doing? Are they stressed or shocked? I hope not!

They look to be pretty okay. I made sure I filled the 50gal with cold water and acclimatized them first. Then we threw the heater in to get it back up in the 60-65F range.

They're swimming around happily, so I don't think they're stressed. Maybe still sedated from the cold water!!

Edit for my terrible homonyms

Edited by thoughtsofjoy

The weather has been really un-seasonal this spring. Our favorite LFS informed us (when I called to ask about selling them our plecos) that because of the weather, plecos weren't selling well, but we should call back when the weather warms up (people will buy the plecos for their ponds...)

By the way: July 25th-26th is the goldfish/koi show in Portland, so we'll expect our presents hand-delivered at the show! :P See you there!

Hope your staying warm Joy & Thomas, but I'm partially glad to hear I'm not the only one freezing! It's been in the 40's in Seattle and snowing in the mountains too. I'm bundled up in thermals and blankets... with the heat on. Someone said to me today, "Didn't you know, it's June-uary!" Hahah! :rofl Seriously though, this is one California transplant that really is praying for some sun!!!

i would gladly take the snow and cold any day to high 90s with almost 100% humidity. gonna be severe weather thur into the weekend again, that means tornados for like the second week in a row!

glad that the fish seem to be doing good. maybe with you warming the tank it will put them into spawning mood again lol

I just opened my newspaper here in Houston, and right on the front page is a picture of Pullman, WA! It looks like you got some significant snow! :cold:

I hope all your fish are doing okay this morning. I'm sending good thoughts your way.

Wow and I thought it was just England that got the crazy unpredictable weather

I just opened my newspaper here in Houston, and right on the front page is a picture of Pullman, WA! It looks like you got some significant snow! :cold:

I hope all your fish are doing okay this morning. I'm sending good thoughts your way.

Hey, that's really cool!! What was the picture of?

Fish seem to be fine. Thanks for the good thoughts. :D

Country folks get plenty upset because many people use gravel roads to shoot off the fireworks but never clean up after themselves.

LOL. i'm originally from SD and i used to be one of those country folks! lol too funny.

Wow!! Small world. What part of SD did you live in? I live in Sioux Falls but was originally a country girl when I was growing up.

The picture shows hot and cold in the country. Let's see if I can put in a link...

http://images.chron.com/content/chronicle/...al/today/p1.pdf

That's awesome Claire!! I know exactly where that is... our downtown bridge crossing Paradise Creek. It's almost like we're famous. :P

That's beautiful. I really miss the snow. We have to take about a 45 min. drive to get to the mountains to maybe see some snow, depending on the year. I'd love to move some place where we got more snow. My poor daughter barely knows what it is.

wow snow at this time of year? That is so weird!

Wow and I thought it was just England that got the crazy unpredictable weather

I was thinkin the same, but with an other country. I live in Belgium and yesterday it was almost 30?C with sunny skies and today it is hardly 15?C with rain pouring out of the misarable grey sky.