Ka-blam Vs Bozo

dfernandez77

So I'm washing the dishes and looking at my Betta tank. I notice KA-BLAM is all flared up. So I watch him.

Seems he's decided that the tiny algae wafer I dropped in the tank for Bozo, the Clown Pleco, is formidable Betta prey. He flares, he circles, he nips at the wafer, he flares again - I go to get my camera.

KA-BLAM eyeballs the algae wafer, whilst Bozo lurks under his genuine artificial driftwood:

20080609-235623.jpg

KA-BLAM slinks closer to his prey, and Bozo takes up a better vantage point to gaze on the object of his desire:

20080609-235701.jpg

KA-BLAM can't stand the tension, so he moves over to challenge Bozo:

20080609-235706.jpg

Bozo is doubtless unafraid. He gets all up in KA-BLAM's face:

20080609-235752.jpg

It's just after this moment - Bozo makes a lunge in KA-BLAM's direction!

KA-BLAM quickly flees, up to the top of the tank to Betta territory. He's got that "Oh yeah, I meant for that to happen." look that cat's get when they fall off a chair or something.

Bozo takes the opportunity to move in on the contested prize.

20080609-235509.jpg

He picks up the wafer with his sucker face and carries it away. Dinner at last:

20080610-001045.jpg

You made me laugh so hard!!!!! Seriously, I loved the commentary, more like a play by play if you will. I must say, your betta is quite beautiful! :D

Oh!

Thanks a bunch!

You're too nice. :P

Gorgeous betta! I have never seen a betta fight over an algae wafer, maybe he's decided to go vegetarian. Don't be suprised if you see him with a picket sign that says Meat is Murder the next time you feed him.

Don't be suprised if you see him with a picket sign that says Meat is Murder the next time you feed him.

:rofl

:tomuch:

Does this mean he'll calm down and stop trying to kill people? Daniel, you could breed a whole new generation of vegetarian bettas that are compatible with goldfish~!!!

He's got that "Oh yeah, I meant for that to happen." look that cat's get when they fall off a chair or something.

:tomuch: I know that look all too well! ~rofl~

Your betta is gorgeous. How long have you had him now?