My Friendly Fry

I have had my 42 fry in a big rubbermaid ..for some reason this batch seems much more friendly..they all swim up to the top of the rubbermaid like pond fish when they see me .A lot of them have black eyes like Mr. P.earl..and are starting to show some calico colour..like dear old dad..95% have dorsal fins like P.Earl ..I'm curious to see how they will turn out ..and the few that do not have dorsal fins (lionhead/ mostly pearlscalecross)..oh and did I say that I did save 15 fry from my LuLu my black ranchu and who ever the dad is ???it's either a lionhead or pearlscale ..she hatched nice babies :D thank god for rubbermaids !!!!!!..I wish once again that I could post pics but have no camera at the moment ..

Guest Montman

I'm jealous!

Can't wait until I have some fry of my own.

Probably won't happen until my tank gets better established.

It's only been up for ~7 weeks.

We'll see. :D

I'm jealous!

Can't wait until I have some fry of my own.

Probably won't happen until my tank gets better established.

It's only been up for ~7 weeks.

We'll see. :D

I have fry coming out my ears ..I always tell myself .." can't hatch these eggs"...but I always end up keeping some !!wait till the spawning drives yah nuts !! spawning spikes your water paremeters and your always changing the water!! by the end of the spawn I don;t know who is more tired ...me or the female!!!

Guest Montman

Wow, didn't know that about the water paramenters.

This site is great. I learn more every day just browsing around.

I've had numerous african cichlids breed successfully but never goldfish.

With the cichlids, I usually just leave the fry with the parents (most cichlids are great parents) - so goldfish are going to be a challenge.

Yeah, if only goldfish were parents like cichlids are! Raising fry is stressful (at least for me!) and although I've had mixed success, I hope to try again soon. (Now that I have all the equipment , no one is spawning, but when I had to go scramble around town and the garage for empty 10 gallons, that's when they decide to dump all the eggs!!)

Hi-D, please get a camera soon. LOL I would love to see your friendly fry! Mine in the tank seemed skittish, too, but the ones I raised in the rubbermaid seemed to come to the top a lot more. I guess they associate the big shadow with food and know that it's a good thing.

(And is P. Earl a reference to Friends? Where Phoebe was selling toner?)

Yeah, if only goldfish were parents like cichlids are! Raising fry is stressful (at least for me!) and although I've had mixed success, I hope to try again soon. (Now that I have all the equipment , no one is spawning, but when I had to go scramble around town and the garage for empty 10 gallons, that's when they decide to dump all the eggs!!)

Hi-D, please get a camera soon. LOL I would love to see your friendly fry! Mine in the tank seemed skittish, too, but the ones I raised in the rubbermaid seemed to come to the top a lot more. I guess they associate the big shadow with food and know that it's a good thing.

(And is P. Earl a reference to Friends? Where Phoebe was selling toner?)

I know I need to get batteries soon !!!!! and P.Earl is my pearlscale who use to be Pearl because I thought he was a girl..so instead of changing his name completly I put it as Mr.P.Earl :D ....