My Orandas Spawned Some Questions

ITHURTZ

I got a 20gal setup with a air stone and will probably put the eggs on the floating plant in tonight. I was just wondering about water changes. How often should I change the water and how much at one time? The tanks gonna be filled 6" max, so how old will they have to be until its safe to fill it higher up and throw the magnum 250 on?

right now .. get them in the 20 eyes mean they could hatch soon ...they will not need to eat the first 3 days .use a little cup to scoop out water and a little cup to scoop back in while doing waterchanges ..don't leave uneaten food in the tank when they start eating ..that can be sucked up with a turkey baister...toxins in the water can effect fry fast and cause life long problems if they are able to survive ..I have waited at least a week or more till I put in a filter they are soooooo small and being tossed around by the filter could cause harm ..doing daily water changes until they are strong enough for a current is what I have done ..

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, water changes were easy UNTIL they started swimming all over the place. Im at the end of my ropes right now. I CANT change any water without catching fish. The tanks on the floor, so do I need to some way elevate is and suck up it draining with a air hose for 600hrs? Right now I can manage 1 cup every 5 minutes. Im really at the end of my ropes and dont know if I should keep trying if there is no other way. I have a air hose with filter floss tied to the end so no one gets sucked up. But to drain it to make it even higher is beyond me.