New Goldfish

Hello All!!

I brought home the cutest orange oranda last night, he has the chubbiest cheeks and such a round body!! I named him "Porkchop" and will post pictures soon!

:newfish

Anyways, he is only about 2.5" and in a 5 gallon Rubbermaid with a Penguin 150 and an airstone. He has a little plant and a few rocks. I noticed in the LFS that he probably has issues, he tends to twitch his body to the left a lot. I noticed some possible irritation around his left gill and he was flashing in the pet store aquarium...but, he was too cute to pass up! I dipped him in a solution of hydrogen peroxide and tank water last night for 10 seconds. I have the tank at .02% salt with a 1/4 teaspoon of Prazi Pro. Tested the water this morning for ammonia, 0. He didn't even look at his food this morning, I didn't feed him last night so I'm sure he has to be hungry.

What should I do if he still isn't eating this afternoon?

Is there anything I else I can be doing for him to make him feel welcome?

It sounds like you're doing everything right. New fish don't always eat right away so don't force it on him. Give him a day or two to get used to things and then try again.

Just give the new fish a few days, when u first get them, they will be frightened and usually don't move much. Keep us posted and show us some pictures. :)

Guest GOLDYLOCKS

Awwwww, that is just tooooooo CUTE:+)..i feel like i'm his auntie Nancy..lol!..i LOVE new little babies:+)

Cheers,

Nancy

Two of these pics are blurry because he is in QT right now. He has the cutest little twitch, I hope it goes away but if it doesn't and it's just part of his persona, I'm good with it!!

100_0951.jpgPorkchop!

100_0952.jpgTop View Porkchop! Notice the light spot on his wen, I think it's growth.

100_0955.jpgA face only a mother could love!!

Can't wait to get him in the 20 gallon with JuJu, she is going to love him. :heart