My Qt Tank

Hello,

I recently set up a 5 gallon Rubbermaid tub with my old Penguin Biowheel 150. I always keep extra filters in my Penguin 200 (on my 20 gallon tank) along with a bio-bag. Right now, the bio-bag and an extra filter are in the 150 and I have an airstone running. Is this sufficient cycling for the QT tank? When will I know that it is safe to put a new fish in it?

Any other QT advice? I've been looking at the QT Tank Scenarios, but if someone can give it all to me in a nutshell I would be gratefull.

Thanks!! :rolleyes:

sounds like you got it, just keeping testing the water. if i could make a suggestion, if you can, switch to a 10 gal rubbermaid. it will make adding the meds easier since it it comes as 10 gal doses.

Sounds like a good idea, 10 gallons it is. Would it be OK to put a fish in? I want another Oranda. Is the one cycled filter and the bio-bag enough?

How long should I run a salt regimen? I have prazi, should I dose with that too? At the same time?

I'm just having trouble remembering most of the dosing rules I've learned in the last 7 months.