Can I Brag?

Hidr

I always wanted some of those large impressive goldfish that I see all over the place. It has taken a lot of time and Moon still has a lot of growing to do but my other three are so impressive now. I just look at them with wonder. I just can't believe they are mine and so pretty. :heart

Once Moon is all grown up I well have reached my goal. :yeah:

Next is to see if I can have one of the oldest on the forum. :exactly

Just some thoughts I was having while I was staring at my goldfish with tears in my eyes. (Been so weepy lately not sure what that is about.)

It's OK to brag on here! You've been a member for a long time, and you've learned so much in your time here!

I feel bad that I personally don't have any "old" goldfish anymore, none that I've had more than a year or so. Actually, only one that I've had that long. That makes you feel like a bad fishkeeper.

And it's okay to be weepy, too. Maybe hormones? Maybe just life circumstances right now?

It was hormones. lol

Thanks everyone.

My oldest is Sunrise as of June 6th I well of had him 2 years. No idea how old he was when I got him but he had gone from about 3 inches to 10.

I love my goldies.

Guest cheng647

Of course you can brag, you have spent countless hours changing water, feeding, and just making sure they are ok. Great job, your fish are beautiful

You guys are the best. I was feeling a little down yesterday when I posted this. But your kind words and a day of sulking lol and I feel much better now.

somtimes we all have or maybe even need our days like that to set us right in what really matters to us and what means a lot to us in our daily lives (besides the rat race).I find after a hard day I go right to my tank ..I can't help it ..it's soothing ..yet it is so much hard work ...but it's where I feel appreciated and the hard work is like returning the favour to my aqua puppies..they make me feel more part of nature I guess and less of a robot ...hope that dosn't sound to strange :blink::D

Not strange at all, Heidi. Sometimes (weather-permitting) I will go sit next to my deck pond and just watch the fish. Or I will stick my hand in for a bit and see who comes up to nibble my fingertips. :D

When I'm having a REALLY bad day I lie on the floor and stare at my fry tank. They really ARE a miracle-- I've raised them from wee hatchlings and they're already nearly 6 weeks old and look like mini-replicas of their dad.

awesome...

i went to the petstore yesterday and bought some more commets, and i couldnt believe they were selling extra large commets for $30 AUD.... i laughed because my 8+ year old commet was twice the size of their "extra large" commets.

now i have one HUGE fish and 3 tiny ones :P