Ranchu Galore

ok I was at big als today and they had a whole tank full of ranchus !!! oo there was this one that really stuck out he had a cute but tuck and the cutest wen !!! but with Tucker being sick I walked away :( I know it is the best thing right now ...but what a cutie I hope he gets a good home ..sorry I wish I had pics :peeka

oh joy it was sssssssoooooooooooo hard !!!! I know when it's the fish for me when I walk away and I feel almost sick inside...(I'm way nuts by the way)..Glen my husband (God bless his soul )promised to take me to the fish sempai somtime this summer...I live near him too :D .....I have it good don't I ??? :D

Good for you for being strong, Heidi! I find it hard to walk away from fish too, and I know I really don't have any more room.

In fact, I still think about this enormous oranda I saw a month ago at the LPS, stuck in with some tropicals.... :crying:

(sigh)...if I saw a huge beautiful Oranda in with trops ..that would be a great excuse !!!..is he still there claire??? I would 100% understand why, if you got him ..thats why I got Tucker they had him in a 10g tank with koi :blink: ..

and Joy don't forget to post pics of your new fish and filter when you get them :rofl

Good for you. I have been staying out of the pet stores. lol I want a new fish and a new bird and a new..... Must resist I am at my limits.

lol I want a new fish and a new bird and a new..... Must resist I am at my limits.

I feel your pain! I'm well PAST my limits! I just rescued a dog and I couldn't even keep him... I had to take him to my parents' house for the next year. And now I want a ranchu, a bubble-eye, a pearlscale...

I haven't been back to the shop because the conditions for the fish were really bad. The oranda had several red sores on its body, and none of the other goldfish tanks looked very healthy. The final straw was tank full of fantails with one floating dead with its stomach ripped open and entrails falling out. I just can't stand to go back because I can't rescue them all. :(

We have a couple of other branches of the same large pet chain nearby, and their fish conditions are much better. It just seems to be that one store.

Guest TEKNOSYS

I live near the Big Al's in south Florida, and last time I was there I saw they replaced half their goldfish tanks with reptiles! I couldn't believe it, they have no selection now. And I'm in the market for some new Ranchus

I live near the Big Al's in south Florida, and last time I was there I saw they replaced half their goldfish tanks with reptiles! I couldn't believe it, they have no selection now. And I'm in the market for some new Ranchus

have you ever considered going through goldfish connection ...I live in in the great white north (it's not soo great nor white ;) )so he dosn't ship up hear ....yet..I've seen the ranchus worht every penny :D ..we have the fish sempai ..and I can say the same for him as well very nice fish :exactly ..both are very reputable and lots of people have gotton the fish from them here ..I'm heading to the fish sempai this summer going to get me a monster Ranchu..for a tank mate for my other monster ranchu LuLu ..going to try and get a male ..we'll see though :D

Teknosys, I was there this weekend. They had 4 tanks. And among them they only had 2 ranchu ( both were black\gold\choco color ) of which one was floaty and beginning to pinecone and the other at first looked fine initially, but after the 17 hour drive home he was infested with fish lice in the bag.

Called them up to alert them of the problem, and they assured me that the fish got it from somewhere other than them. :-p

Was pretty sad for me and my fiancee. Only reason we drove instead of flying was to get some ranchu. I guess I am going to have to call all the fish stores in the DFW area again until some pop up.

I know when it's the fish for me when I walk away and I feel almost sick inside...(I'm way nuts by the way)..

Not at all! I'm still so obsessed with calico orandas that it's boardering on creepy. I'm so happy that I have a 50 gallon now, as soon as it's set up and running nicely I'm going to get one and then honestly stay out of the goldie deparment. I can't take looking at them anymore, they are just all so pretty and needy!!! :heart

I know when it's the fish for me when I walk away and I feel almost sick inside...(I'm way nuts by the way)..

Not at all! I'm still so obsessed with calico orandas that it's boardering on creepy. I'm so happy that I have a 50 gallon now, as soon as it's set up and running nicely I'm going to get one and then honestly stay out of the goldie deparment. I can't take looking at them anymore, they are just all so pretty and needy!!! :heart

:rofl ...I know what you mean ...I'm looking at all the ranchus at the fish sempai and I've narrowed it down to what kind of face I want ,but tuck I want and I'm strong on the calico as well .I'll later post pics of the potentials