Red Sea Max

Shamu23

So once again im trying to get my parents to get me a saltwater tank for x-mas (lol i know its early but i just kinda suggested it to them that i might want one lol). I read a review in F.A.M.A. and on the internet and the Red Sea Max sounds like a great tank. Now I know I probably wont get it but one day I will anyway so I might as well ask now, what kind of marine fish/invertebrates can be kept in a 34 gallon tank?

• Admin

Is this the tank your thinking about?

http://www.redseamax.com/redseamax/Red_Sea_MAX_specs.html

If so you could do simple coral like Mushrooms and leathers, as for fish since this tank is small you could go with a Clown fish or Dottyback. I would only place 2 fish in there max but they would need to be small guys not the big ones, also you can put in there crabs and shrimps but the lights are whats going to be the big issue. Since allot of coral and and inverts need allot of light you will need to go with creatures that done need it as much. Ex mushrooms, leathers polyps things like this :D

This is a really good book and there is another one this person has made for inverts too :D

http://www.amazon.com/Corals-Quick-Referen...7648&sr=1-1

thanks koko

yup thats the tank. In the review in my magazine the author says the lighting is great for lots of inveretebrates and it seems pretty strong to me but i wouldnt wanna get too much into that anyway, just some shrimp, maybe crabs and fish like percular clownfish (is that wat they're called) and similar varieties.

• Admin

There are many kinds of clowns the Percs are the smaller of them and will do good in that size tank. When I was talking about the coral like the mushrooms is cause things like Blastos and such wont work with light lvls that low, they like to have atleast 5 watts per gal for them your tank is going to run 3 wats so your on the lower end of the coral spects :( so you can have things that are low light and more harder :D

As for the Clown fish stick to one kind they can be a little on the aggressive side like the Marron Clown, it can get up to 6" or more and they are very mean to other fish :(

i'll keep that in mind koko thanks. I've done lots of research on clownfish in the past cuz i was gonna get a marine tank once but went for another goldie tank instead, but I just wanna b prepared for when I finally will get a marinetank someday lol

• Admin

Its always good to research hun, I did for my SW for about 2 years before I got mine. I also got about 3 books on all the cridders that I can have and how much light I would need for the guys I wanted....unlike goldfish SW tanks need light alot that seems to be the biggest thing besides the skimmer and filter system :D

yeah i have a saltwater book. I bought it when i was planning to get a marine tank but then i didnt but the info is still all really good. I never did read the part about lighting though lol