Just A Thought And Could Save Time

ok I have multiple tanks and TONS of cords going every which way ..not sure if this has been posted :) or not ,but I have been having issues with pulling out the wrong plug to a filter and not knowing it until later . when I was meaning to pull a plug on somting else .or I have one of those filters that are finicky and needs to be taken apart several times before starting again ..I was thinking of colour coding my electric cord to each appliance and each tank ..RED for filters as RED is a vital colour and I will tag it with what filter and what tank ..BLUE for airpumps and which kind and tank and yellow for lights ...now before I yank on a cord it is plain as day to me as which one I'm pulling :exactly and never pull out an extention cord without knowing what else is plugged into it ..I could have lost my fry doing this so it's a good idea to tag the extention cord of whats running on it .once again sorry if this has been posted before

Good Idea... i have mine labeled with words (light, filter, etc). But color coding would be much easier and faster to identify what's important and what isn't, rather than having to crouch down and read. :)

• 4 weeks later...

I just took a silver sharpie and wrote a letter on each cord at the plug (F for filter, A for airpump and so on....)It really does make chosing cords to pull much easier :D